It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aneurysm Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2011, 06:12 PM   #1
(female)

kitchenhelp HB User
brain hemmorage

In 1990 I had a subarchnoid hemmorage. It was very sudden I drove myself to a party walk in the front door ask were the retirement party was and it felt like a water turned on in the back of my head. and then I collapsed. I was taken to the hospital then transfered to another hospital . No delays. That was very important. It took them 9 days to stablized me enough to do the surgery. They told my husband that I could die at any time. They did the surgery and I was in intensive care I don't remember how long, I was in a coma for 10 days. The aneurysm so large and broke with such force, it hit the nerve for my eyes and throat. My eyes were crossed and my throat did not work on one side. As I was getting up and was able to walk alittle, the Dr. said that people don't live with the one I had . The fact that I was with people and everyone (the emts and eor departments ) didn't waste time they started treating me right a way for an aneurysm. that was so important.
After i went home it took along time to recoop. I started gaining weight and ask the doctor about that. He said that they were in the main nerve center of the body and everything is messed up. I have had trouble with my legs because of muscles. I was told by 2 doctors that when you are in a coma or have brain surg. you have to have theropy to re educate muscle, I was never given that so my muscles do what they want to do. I am getting around , nothing llike I use too, but the dr. says aleast you lived. I guess.::

The following user gives a hug of support to kitchenhelp:
wilso2fc (10-15-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2011, 06:03 AM   #2
(male)

wilso2fc HB Userwilso2fc HB User
Re: brain hemmorage

hey there... I, too, have lived through a subarachnoid hemorrhage
first in 1996 - massive.. had hemiparalysis, double vision, comatose, encephalomalacia, and a host of other issues. I don't remember the attack, as I was uncscious immediately, and suffered retrograde amnesia , as it was so traumatic. the entire previous year is gone, as is most of my childhood etc. I was 23 yrs old when it happened. And I learned it is not an aneurysm, but a hemorrhagic stroke. Once I learned this, I was able to find lots more info about sah. in 2009, I had a bad migraine (I thought) took me 36 hrs of vomiting to decide to go to hospital.. turns out I had a 2nd sah... scary stuff
you are the first person I have met/seen that has had one of these killers
best of luck
Jon

Closed Thread