It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aneurysm Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
(female)

Ninzi HB User
can anyone offer me advice regarding aneurysm? im worrying myself sick.

Hi everyone,

Iv been worrying myself sick over my fear of having an aneurysm in my tummy. I do have reason to panic somewhat with a genetic disorder i have and many of my family members have also.
ok so here goes...
about 6 weeks ago i became very constipated.. never had been before. i dorted that out eventually with laxatives n whatnot! Next up was a kidney infection which needed 2 course of anti biotics to clear.. during this time i always had a strange 'pulling nerve like' pain at the very top of my abdomin. it would come in darts lasting only a few seconds but as time went on it became more frequent.
I mentioned it to my doctor and i was told it was a gastric problem!! I really didnt think so.
This continued over xmas, so i went back to my doc last week. i had started gettin this pain just above my belly button too! I had also noticed 2 or 3 small bulges/ripples on my left side of my tummy.. tiny really.. only i can notice. i was told my a doc(not my usual doc) that it was probably dry skin!!
Anyway.. when i seen my doc last week he said he would send me into hosp for an ultra sound just to be on the safe side.
the doctor i seen in the hospital done blood tests and an xray. she also felt my tummy, i told her i was worried about sn aneurysm or something serious. all results came back clear! Would an anuerysm show in blood work or xray?
The doc put it done to a gastric problem and gave me 2 weeks of nexium(drug used to reduce the acid in the tummy) im on day 4 now n not feeling better.
I have suffered with panic anxiety attacks in the past.. and they have raised there heads again now because of this. my tummy just isnt right... however... im well aware that my axiety can be making this worse!
Sometimes i can feel that heart pulsating feeling in my tummy too.
any advice will be so much appreciated.

Last edited by Ninzi; 01-13-2012 at 12:06 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
(female)

djc4294 HB User
Thumbs up Re: can anyone offer me advice regarding aneurysm? im worrying myself sick.

If you feel you need to be screened for an aneurysm in a hurry, go to
http://www.lifelinescreening.com
or call:

for a screening test in your area. I go once a year for most of the the screening test offered..they are non invasive screening tests.
I hope this helps, I have severe panic attacks over my suspected health problems, so I know what you are going through.
Dorie

Last edited by moderator2; 02-01-2012 at 07:16 AM. Reason: please try to avoid quoting when you are the first to reply

Old 02-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: can anyone offer me advice regarding aneurysm? im worrying myself sick.

just exactly what is the genetic disorder that is running in your family? that can matter or not matter just depending upon what the actual 'disorder is'. i have polycystic kidney disease which also is geneticly passed(autosomal dominant). and this also comes for some stupid reason with some loss of something within the actual vascular walls(elastin or collegen, cannot recall right now) that just makes us who are born with PKD have a bit weaker vessel walls. so we are at much higher risk for developing all kinds of vascular malformations, including annies too. i got mine in 2005 and thankfully it was coilable and also found only becasue i had a really great neurosurgeon who had also resected another insane vasc malf called a cavernous hemangioma(was actually born with this one in my cord just did not know it til about age 40) from right smack inside my spinal cord.

when i presented with just feeling kind of 'off' at times inside my head, and also was getting these wierd "heat flushes' that would start at the top of my head then just 'flushed' down into the back of my c spine, he sent me for a badly needed MRA that found it. he just had a "hunch' and went with his gut on this one. but i had absolutely NO headpain what so ever with this either. not one headache related to it, more than likely becasue it was still thankfully pretty small. so that is just kind of a 'how' having a genetic diease can impact certain areas in our bodies like the blood vessels too.

i really DO think you definitely need a much clearer picture of this with either an ultrasound, which should show if anything were there, or a contrasted CT. having 'kjust' an x ray and bloodwork alone would not always show certain things that are vascular in nature either at all or ONLY if it were very large. x ray just is not the best type of testing for finding anything within the abdomenal vascular, esp when doing that ultrasound also would show your blood flow velocitys as they were occuring during the doppler scan part of the US too. i don't know why in the heck they 'only' chose x ray, and i cannot imagine just what they did as far as any real bloodwork that could even indicate if you had an annie anywhere??

just to ease YOUR mind here since this is very obviously impacting you in MANY ways right now, go back to your doc and make certain that he refers you for that needed ultrasound soon. or even that contrasted CT. but personally i have had to have a TON of yearly USs done on my kidneys and liver where i have the PKD, and i can tell you that even down to the vascular, it by far a really good test for finding even small annies. they can just pretty easily visualize the arterial walls with the scan and that doppler tool too. this is simply what i would do if i were in your posistion right now. you just DO need to know for certain whats going on within that abdominal. if your doc orders an "abdomal US", they would also check out pretty much every organ within it too. thats just what 'abdominal USs cover when ordered. this just could be something else within the abdoninal that is giving you the symptoms too and not 'just' what you suspect, so getting that entire area looked at really IS also needed since NONE of the 'needed' looks would have been even seeable upon plain X ray either.

make certain to always obtain any and all copies of any actual testing results/reports for your own medical file that you just keep on yourself at home. i do this with every single test i have gotten,and trust me, with MY freaky history there have been TONS of MRIs,MRAs CTs USs and bloodwork too. these would all be 'baseline starting points" for what you can compare any other testing results to now and in your future too. good luck in getting that needed US hon. hopefully that will at show something more solid. it sucks not knowing when we just 'feel we really have a 'something' and not enough overall or in depth testing just even gets done to prove or disprove it. been there myself too.

please let me know what you find out ninzi, marcia

Closed Thread