It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aneurysm Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
(male)

Chris516 HB User
Emotional/Physical fallout from aneurysm

Does anyone feel down about having an aneurysm?

I have a congenital aneurysm that was clipped when I was not even a year old. I will be 45 in May, but I feel very down about all the problems it has caused. That includes three other severe health conditions.

Also, The emotional discrimination resulting from people finding out I have an 'Annie'. Even from 'relatives'(ex-wife).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
(female)

Kat2005 HB User
Re: Emotional/Physical fallout from aneurysm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris516 View Post
Does anyone feel down about having an aneurysm?

I have a congenital aneurysm that was clipped when I was not even a year old. I will be 45 in May, but I feel very down about all the problems it has caused. That includes three other severe health conditions.

Also, The emotional discrimination resulting from people finding out I have an 'Annie'. Even from 'relatives'(ex-wife).

It's unbelieveable that people would be so heartless to treat you bad due to this devastating problem. I visited this board because I've just returned home to Calif from Texas after being there 3 weeks to be with my sister following brain aneurysm surgery. The compassion I've seen for her has been wonderful. I hope you can find comfort knowing this stranger feels so much compassion for you. If you have the opportunity to go to Houston, Texas for an evaluation with my sister's doctor, I could give you his name. Fortunately my sister's was caught before it burst. It was a complex & complicated surgery but the skill of the neurosurgeon was awesome. The surgeon told us that this is a silent killer, as there are no symptoms. You might think there would be headaches; however, he said if you get a headache it would be massive as this would be an indicator that it burst and where hers was it would have been fatal. As was our brother's when he was only 38 yrs old. We discovered both of them had aneurysms in the same place. I've been advised to have an MRA due to both siblings and our grandfather having the defeat, but I don't have any medical insurance so I won't be having one at this time. The best of luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2012, 03:22 AM   #3
(male)

Chris516 HB User
Re: Emotional/Physical fallout from aneurysm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat2005 View Post
It's unbelieveable that people would be so heartless to treat you bad due to this devastating problem. I visited this board because I've just returned home to Calif from Texas after being there 3 weeks to be with my sister following brain aneurysm surgery. The compassion I've seen for her has been wonderful. I hope you can find comfort knowing this stranger feels so much compassion for you. If you have the opportunity to go to Houston, Texas for an evaluation with my sister's doctor, I could give you his name. Fortunately my sister's was caught before it burst. It was a complex & complicated surgery but the skill of the neurosurgeon was awesome. The surgeon told us that this is a silent killer, as there are no symptoms. You might think there would be headaches; however, he said if you get a headache it would be massive as this would be an indicator that it burst and where hers was it would have been fatal. As was our brother's when he was only 38 yrs old. We discovered both of them had aneurysms in the same place. I've been advised to have an MRA due to both siblings and our grandfather having the defeat, but I don't have any medical insurance so I won't be having one at this time. The best of luck to you.
My 'annie' was clipped when I was a baby. So anytime I have had a headache, it hasn't been due to that. My 'annie' caused Hydrocephalus, which I have also had since I was baby, and the surgeries for both, caused Epilepsy. The Hydrocephalus is why I would get massive headaches in the past. The headaches were due to something wrong with my shunt. The last time I had a (semi)major headache, was Super Bowl weekend of last year. But I knew it wasn't my shunt. Because, A crew was over at the house, working on the furnace. The furnace is located underneath the house. So I was holding the door open(it opens laterally, not horizontally) for the crew so it wouldn't slam down on them. Since then, I have stayed away from the furnace.

Also, I was watching a segment of 'Dr. G: Medical Examiner' on cable one day. While they change the names and details of the deceased, Dr. G(aravaglia) said on one segment, when referring to an aortic 'annie', that an 'annie' is caused due to trauma. In my case, the only potential trauma I could think of is, when my mother was pregnant with me and something physical happened to her. That gave me a bit feeling good that, my feeling 'broken', wasn't entirely my own doing, if something actually happened to cause my 'annie'.

Closed Thread