It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aneurysm Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2012, 08:14 AM   #1
(female)

trulyjulie HB User
My dad has just had brain surgery to remove a clot...

After a fall he became disorientated and started being sick. My mum realised something wasn't right so called 999 and he was taken to the hospital.

After a CT scan they said he needed surgery but couldn't operate straight away cus he had taken his warfarin that morning. They operated later the day (some 12 hours later) and removed the clot. Will that wait have caused more damage??

We assumed it was a bleed and can't understand how there was a clot as the warfarin is meant to stop that from happening??

Anyways he hasn't woke up after the surgery..He is on a ventillator but today he wasn't moving at all and I'm really worried. Yesterday he was really twitchy and was squeezing our hands and we were all optimistic. Today - nothing! He looked completely calm and I am really frightened now that he isn't going to wake up at all.

How long will he stay like that? Is it normal for him to be quiet today when yesterday he was moving loads (he was trying to open his eyes too yesterday - well one of them anyways cose the other was too swolen).

The doctor says he isn't being kept asleep any more so why isn't he waking up and why do u think he has gone really quiet today???

Help please.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply