It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aneurysm Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
(female)

Analysis1123 HB User
Unhappy Recently diagnosed :(

Hi all, I am a 28 year old female with a history of PKD (polycystic kidney disease). A few months ago, I had en episode that resulted in flashing and temporary vision problems with my left eye. The episode lasted about 30 minutes, I pretty much saw flashing and zig zags during the episode. I followed up with the eye doctor who state it could have been an ocular migraine, but suggested I follow up with the kidney doctor. I have never had a history of migraines or headaches.

My kidney doctor scheduled a brain MRI to be on the safe side since people with PKD are more prone to aneurysms.

The result of the brain MRI was that I have a saccular aneurysm in the area behind my left eye. It measures 6mm.

I have gotten 3 opinions from various doctors- 2 in Connecticut (where I live) and 1 in Boston. The doctors all pretty much agreed it should be something I treat vs. "wait and watch" It's a scary process. I would love any advice or suggestions from anyone that had to deal with this.

Thank you so much.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:16 AM   #2
(female)

NJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB User
Re: Recently diagnosed :(

Your diagosis would scare me. Although I don't have a problem like this, your doctors suggest to do something and I would. But I don't know what has to be done. Did they explain what kind of procedure they would have to do? How risky is it? If you wait and see and it bursts, what happens? You are certainly too young to be going though this. Sorry so many questions. Just wanted to put my say in. Good luck Linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2013, 06:39 AM   #3
(female)

Lorac143 HB User
Cool Re: Recently diagnosed :(

[QUOTE=Analysis1123;5164535]Hi all, I am a 28 year old female with a history of PKD (polycystic kidney disease). A few months ago, I had en episode that resulted in flashing and temporary vision problems with my left eye. The episode lasted about 30 minutes, I pretty much saw flashing and zig zags during the episode. I followed up with the eye doctor who state it could have been an ocular migraine, but suggested I follow up with the kidney doctor. I have never had a history of migraines or headaches.

My kidney doctor scheduled a brain MRI to be on the safe side since people with PKD are more prone to aneurysms.

The result of the brain MRI was that I have a saccular aneurysm in the area behind my left eye. It measures 6mm.

I have gotten 3 opinions from various doctors- 2 in Connecticut (where I live) and 1 in Boston. The doctors all pretty much agreed it should be something I treat vs. "wait and watch" It's a scary process. I would love any advice or suggestions from anyone that had to deal with this.

Thank you so much

Hi, I know well how scary this is but there are several really great doctors both in New York-Dr. Eugene Flamm -Montifiore Hospital in the Bronx and Robert Solomon from Columbia Presbyterian in NYC, Both doctors operated on me at separete occasions. I have 5 intercrainial anneurysms, thankfully all have been clipped. I am currently going on Monday for another angiogram where they think another is growing. Number 6- But if you have a dr. that has done your operation a lot-you have to have confidence in him or her. As scary as it is ....a hemmorage is scarier- so good luck and I'll look forward to hearing all about your experience in the near future.. Stay Strong!

Reply Reply