It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aneurysm Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
(female)

nmitt3 HB User
Unhappy Aneurysm or Migraine?

Hello

As of late I have been suffering with a multitude of symptoms, starting about 4 months ago with stiff neck. From there it progressed to chronic "brain fog" (or feeling like I had one too many beers) sinus pressure, now a 4 day "head ache" on my left temple, behind and above left eye and left side of neck. The pressure is insane, I went to the doctor about it yesterday and she told me to just take an antihistamine and get massage. I have seen a neurologist for the brain fog and have an MRI schedule but not until September. I am due to go away in a week to work at a camp for 3 weeks and wondering if this pressure persists if I should go to the ER before I go away to get checked. My name sister died from a brain aneurysm and so I am nervous I have one! Any info or advice would be helpful. Oh I also have had stomache pains like dull ache, my eyes are also sore but I got t eyes tested and they are fine a little dry that's all. Thanks

I should also mention I just had a baby 6 months ago.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
(female)

touchmenot HB Usertouchmenot HB Usertouchmenot HB User
Re: Aneurysm or Migraine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmitt3 View Post
Hello

As of late I have been suffering with a multitude of symptoms, starting about 4 months ago with stiff neck. From there it progressed to chronic "brain fog" (or feeling like I had one too many beers) sinus pressure, now a 4 day "head ache" on my left temple, behind and above left eye and left side of neck. The pressure is insane, I went to the doctor about it yesterday and she told me to just take an antihistamine and get massage. I have seen a neurologist for the brain fog and have an MRI schedule but not until September. I am due to go away in a week to work at a camp for 3 weeks and wondering if this pressure persists if I should go to the ER before I go away to get checked. My name sister died from a brain aneurysm and so I am nervous I have one! Any info or advice would be helpful. Oh I also have had stomache pains like dull ache, my eyes are also sore but I got t eyes tested and they are fine a little dry that's all. Thanks

I should also mention I just had a baby 6 months ago.
First of all congratulations on the new baby! You didn't mention if your temp. and blood pressure are ok. Sometimes an elevated temp. or blood pressure can cause headaches. Did they check your blood (cbc) to see if your wbc is elevated? You are indeed right to be concerned since a family member had an aneurysm because they can be hereditary. My mother in law passed away from one and found out then it can be hereditary. If it continues i would most definitely go to the ER and get checked out to rule out possibility of aneurysm or meningitis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

I am wondering if you have a sinus infection causing the headache, pain behind eye. Do you have mucus draining down the back of your throat? Allergies? A CT scan is the best to check for sinus infection. An MRA (MRI with contrast to show up the blood vessels in brain) is better than a regular MRI to rule out aneurysm. I would go to ER or DR and try to get a CT scan now, so if you have a sinus infection, it can be treated and you'll be much better in a week. They will do it immediately in the ER, as opposed to having to schedule it if you go to Drs office, but you might have to ask or even insist on it. Sinus infections are so common, especially in summer with pollen and allergies combined.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:28 AM   #4
(female)

Lindyrosette HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmenot View Post
First of all congratulations on the new baby! You didn't mention if your temp. and blood pressure are ok. Sometimes an elevated temp. or blood pressure can cause headaches. Did they check your blood (cbc) to see if your wbc is elevated? You are indeed right to be concerned since a family member had an aneurysm because they can be hereditary. My mother in law passed away from one and found out then it can be hereditary. If it continues i would most definitely go to the ER and get checked out to rule out possibility of aneurysm or meningitis.
I would definately seek immediate help! My son collapsed with cavernous sinus thrombosis and nearly died! He was 26! His started off with a sinus infection! They said the headaches were due to migraine but he already had blood clots in his brain! His headaches were horrendous! His eyesight is now permanently damaged and he is on Warfarin for life! Don't be scared to put the pressure on doctors! Some GPS are not very clued up on rare brain illnesses!

Reply Reply