HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Anger Management (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/anger-management/)
-   -   Manage anger... is it even possible? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/anger-management/185091-manage-anger-even-possible.html)

neener5151 06-24-2004 10:22 AM

Manage anger... is it even possible?

I left the stress behind in my life and moved on. I get in this horrible mood swings. I don't know if I get a high off of making people mad or what but I can't calm down. I snap on my boyfriend for the dumbest things. Three days ago me, him and my sister hung out, well my bank messed up my account so I was really mad. Understandable... I think. Well I went to get gas and when I came out from paying my sister was in the front and I completely snapped on her. All she was doing was fixing my cd because it was skipping. She was only trying to help. I felt bad about snapping on her but I can't stop. I do it over the smallest things. Is something wrong with me? What can I do to stop?

MikeyB 07-15-2004 12:53 PM

Re: Manage anger... is it even possible?

:wave: I know exactly how you feel. I recently started taking 20 mg. per day of Prozac. I've been far less irritable...

joquiero 07-19-2004 12:39 PM

[QUOTE=neener5151]I left the stress behind in my life and moved on. I get in this horrible mood swings. I don't know if I get a high off of making people mad or what but I can't calm down. I snap on my boyfriend for the dumbest things. Three days ago me, him and my sister hung out, well my bank messed up my account so I was really mad. Understandable... I think. Well I went to get gas and when I came out from paying my sister was in the front and I completely snapped on her. All she was doing was fixing my cd because it was skipping. She was only trying to help. I felt bad about snapping on her but I can't stop. I do it over the smallest things. Is something wrong with me? What can I do to stop?[/QUOTE]

I was like that with my ex boyfriend.

What is going on in your life? Are you in a job you hate? Is your boyfriend not pulling his weight around the house?

neener5151 07-20-2004 07:24 AM

My dad is pushing family problems into work. I don't want him in my life because he wasn't in it the first 17 years and now that he is, he's trying to pretend like everything is okay. I have so much hatred against him but I'm taking it out on everyone else. I don't even know how to tell him I don't want him in my life.

Sara67 07-21-2004 05:58 AM

Why can't you talk to your Dad about your feelings? Is it because you don't want to hurt him?

Do you think that talking to him about how you feel may help you to resolve your differences or do you really want him out of your life?

What ever happens, I hope you find peace with yourself

joym525 07-21-2004 09:58 AM

My mom is Manic Depressive. She can get very moody in a minute and be very happy the next.

My husband has anger issues also. They have greatly subsided over the last 10 years I have known him. But I kinda see the same characteristics in him that my mom has.

I would talk to a counselor and see if they can help you. Mental illness is hereditary and nothing to be ashamed of.

Or maybe you are just upset about your dad. It would still help to talk to a professional.