It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2004, 10:22 AM   #1

neener5151 HB User
Manage anger... is it even possible?

I left the stress behind in my life and moved on. I get in this horrible mood swings. I don't know if I get a high off of making people mad or what but I can't calm down. I snap on my boyfriend for the dumbest things. Three days ago me, him and my sister hung out, well my bank messed up my account so I was really mad. Understandable... I think. Well I went to get gas and when I came out from paying my sister was in the front and I completely snapped on her. All she was doing was fixing my cd because it was skipping. She was only trying to help. I felt bad about snapping on her but I can't stop. I do it over the smallest things. Is something wrong with me? What can I do to stop?

Old 07-15-2004, 12:53 PM   #2

MikeyB HB User
Re: Manage anger... is it even possible?

I know exactly how you feel. I recently started taking 20 mg. per day of Prozac. I've been far less irritable...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2004, 12:39 PM   #3
Inactive

joquiero HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by neener5151
I left the stress behind in my life and moved on. I get in this horrible mood swings. I don't know if I get a high off of making people mad or what but I can't calm down. I snap on my boyfriend for the dumbest things. Three days ago me, him and my sister hung out, well my bank messed up my account so I was really mad. Understandable... I think. Well I went to get gas and when I came out from paying my sister was in the front and I completely snapped on her. All she was doing was fixing my cd because it was skipping. She was only trying to help. I felt bad about snapping on her but I can't stop. I do it over the smallest things. Is something wrong with me? What can I do to stop?
I was like that with my ex boyfriend.

What is going on in your life? Are you in a job you hate? Is your boyfriend not pulling his weight around the house?

Old 07-20-2004, 07:24 AM   #4

neener5151 HB User

My dad is pushing family problems into work. I don't want him in my life because he wasn't in it the first 17 years and now that he is, he's trying to pretend like everything is okay. I have so much hatred against him but I'm taking it out on everyone else. I don't even know how to tell him I don't want him in my life.

Old 07-21-2004, 05:58 AM   #5

Sara67 HB User

Why can't you talk to your Dad about your feelings? Is it because you don't want to hurt him?

Do you think that talking to him about how you feel may help you to resolve your differences or do you really want him out of your life?

What ever happens, I hope you find peace with yourself

Old 07-21-2004, 09:58 AM   #6
(female)

joym525 HB User

My mom is Manic Depressive. She can get very moody in a minute and be very happy the next.

My husband has anger issues also. They have greatly subsided over the last 10 years I have known him. But I kinda see the same characteristics in him that my mom has.

I would talk to a counselor and see if they can help you. Mental illness is hereditary and nothing to be ashamed of.

Or maybe you are just upset about your dad. It would still help to talk to a professional.

Closed Thread