It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2004, 08:11 PM   #1

v-man123 HB User
I just get so angry

Hi all I am a small person rather nice and kind and helpfulabout 5'4 I am not growing I still am not even half way through puberty but my muscles are huge. But when bigger people push me and make fun of me because of my height and my teeth are crooked, I just hit them and start fights. I mean they think because I am small I will not fight back but since I have gone to middle school (I am going to high school) they end up losing. I am nice most of the time until someone annoys me or makes fun of me. Ever since this I have been getting angry very easy I mean my strength is unbelievable for my size so I use it to my advantage. There is nothing wrong in my life really; I just get so angry over little things. What should I do I know how to calm myself down I just do not people just do not seem to listen to me or respect me until I show them my anger?

Old 07-09-2004, 10:20 PM   #2
(female)

Dayzed HB User
Post Re: I just get so angry

Write. It calms me. I don't really know what to tell you. Keep a good frame of mind. When something like that happens. I often tell myself that the people who say or do things WANT me to get mad. Getting angry lets them win. It helps sometimes. But hey, somtimes is better than none right? And writing how you feel, in your own private short stories, or poems can make you feel better too. Later you look back on it laugh, and wonder what you were thinking when you got mad. Well, that's all I know to tell you. Give it a try and see if it work. Best of luck.

Bren

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2004, 12:01 AM   #3

bggmm HB User
Re: I just get so angry

[QUOTE=v-man123]Hi all I am a small person rather nice and kind and helpfulabout 5'4 I am not growing I still am not even half way through puberty but my muscles are huge. But when bigger people push me and make fun of me because of my height and my teeth are crooked, I just hit them and start fights. I mean they think because I am small I will not fight back but since I have gone to middle school (I am going to high school) they end up losing. I am nice most of the time until someone annoys me or makes fun of me. Ever since this I have been getting angry very easy

I mean my strength is unbelievable for my size so I use it to my advantage. There is nothing wrong in my life really; I just get so angry over little things. What should I do I know how to calm myself down I just do not people just do not seem to listen to me or respect me until I show them my anger?[/QUOTE]

Hello VMan123 - The two sentences I've underlined stood out to me because these reveal the pain you're in. It's not fun feeling angry, hostile and defensive even for a little time each day. If you think you have little control over your anger, and it's causing daily disruptions, please consider talking w/a school counselor for suggestions. You're young and you can nip this in the bud now much more easily then waiting until you're older, or waiting until you have hurt yourself or others.

The other poster suggested writing. I agree that it's very calming, and then some time later you can reread it and glean some insights into the root of your anger. Playing sports, exercising, getting immersed in a hobby-all of these are wonderful for relieving daily stress.

Take care of yourself and keep in touch here

Sincerely,
Marlene

Old 07-19-2004, 12:44 PM   #4
Inactive

joquiero HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man123
Hi all I am a small person rather nice and kind and helpfulabout 5'4 I am not growing I still am not even half way through puberty but my muscles are huge. But when bigger people push me and make fun of me because of my height and my teeth are crooked, I just hit them and start fights. I mean they think because I am small I will not fight back but since I have gone to middle school (I am going to high school) they end up losing. I am nice most of the time until someone annoys me or makes fun of me. Ever since this I have been getting angry very easy I mean my strength is unbelievable for my size so I use it to my advantage. There is nothing wrong in my life really; I just get so angry over little things. What should I do I know how to calm myself down I just do not people just do not seem to listen to me or respect me until I show them my anger?

I hate to say it, but school kids are such azzholes that its good you're sticking up for yourself. If you don't you'll be on this board 15 years from now saying you have no self esteem coz you got bullied.

I don't think its good idea to lash out unless you're physically attacked - but if intimidated verbally then maybe threaten them and give them a chance to get out of your face.

Old 07-19-2004, 10:06 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hoop HB UserHoop HB User

A good butt kicking never hurts anyone, when done in moderation.
Keep on doing it if that is what earns you the respect you deserve. It may be part respect and part fear, but if that is what it takes. Just don't let it carry over into other issues in your life where you want to punch someone out for any reason. Keep it under control

I always say kick butt and take names. If that proves too tough for you..... well... take their initials! LOL

Last edited by Hoop; 07-19-2004 at 10:08 PM.

Closed Thread