It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2004, 10:47 AM   #1

shiften_2000 HB User
Angry ANGRY-There is this girl that i want-

and i know her and she knows me and i found her on the internet and i sent her emails and she keeps ignoring me but i see her responding to her other male firends and i really get angry so much and every time i remember and imagine how she ignores me i imagine myslef swering at her and i feel like i want to smash my monitor in and like i want to go to their house and kick ther door and such stuff and force her to like me and even punch her i am not sure about the last one but i haven't done any of those things, so tell me how can i control my anger i need to smash somthing, and has anyone ever felt like this?

Old 08-30-2004, 12:29 AM   #2
Inactive

TheFoshizzler HB User
Re: ANGRY-There is this girl that i want-

Wait... you're mad because a "girl" that you met on the internet is ignoring you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2004, 02:05 PM   #3

CoNfUsDgUrL55 HB User

maybe you should get a punching bag to punch whenever you get mad or maybe you should talk to someone about it cause you seem to get mad over something not that big. . .

Last edited by CoNfUsDgUrL55; 08-30-2004 at 02:06 PM.

Old 08-30-2004, 09:33 PM   #4

Ballman1 HB User

Im with TheFosh... Your seriously mad cause a girl on the internet dissed you?? I think you should check out a local club or bar and try and meet girls in person... might do you some good! AND... dont lose confidence, thats the key to getting a girl!! Just remeber man, 3 for 10 in baseball will get u to the HAll of Fame ( .300 )... So even the greatest strike out more than they succeed! But, when you do find that 1 girl, all that anger and all that hate will be washed away with love and happiness, give it a shot!! What do you have to lose?? Let me know how it goes

Old 09-07-2004, 09:05 PM   #5
Inactive

redbull23 HB User

internet relationships dont last. you may even be scaring her off with your constant emails and such. the reason why people like meeting people online is when things get sticky they have easy access to the exit. i advise you to never do anything like that to a girl. that is not the way to win them over and if you think that then i feel sorry for you and the girl. take it easy

Old 09-10-2004, 11:24 AM   #6
(female)

moreinfoneeded HB User

Hey
All sorts of things can make someone angry. But when anger occurs THATS the moment we need to stop a few seconds and ask ourselves a few quetions to get a better focus on what 'ticks us off'.
Questions Like:
- WHY EXACTLY am I angry?
- Could I be reading my own thoughts into someone elses writing?
- Do I feel somehow that someone else is 'Obligated' to talk to me (or like me); if so, why?
- Do I like myself? If yes, than be happy with yourself and let others make their own decision to like, dislike, or not be interested in you.

The world is made up of a vast different group of peope, nationalities, cultures, and ways of thinking. Know and accept these differences and live with it, and move on.

Anger can hurt you in the long run is you cling to it too much. Learn to accept what you cannot control. We cannot control other people, only ourselves, and our emotions.

some tips when you get steamed - stop, take a few deep breaths, hold in, release. Try this a few times.
- walk away from the situation,
- write notes to yourself, then tear them up
- do a lot of work around the house/yard/appartment.
- squeeze your fists together really tight, and release... and again. Breath.

P.S. There are many books at the library that could give you some tips as well.

Good Luck.

Last edited by moreinfoneeded; 09-10-2004 at 11:28 AM.

Old 09-16-2004, 05:24 AM   #7

Karenholden HB User

You need to move on from this, there are plenty of other girls out there. She is obviously not the right one for you, otherwise she would still be talking to you.

No one likes rejection (that is why you are angry), but it happens to us all.

Miss right is still out there somewhere - move your energy towards finding her and forget this internet chick.

cheers
Karen

Old 09-17-2004, 12:31 PM   #8

uchimama HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull23
internet relationships dont last. you may even be scaring her off with your constant emails and such. the reason why people like meeting people online is when things get sticky they have easy access to the exit. i advise you to never do anything like that to a girl. that is not the way to win them over and if you think that then i feel sorry for you and the girl. take it easy
HEY HEY HEY!!! I have been married to my husband for 3years now, together for 7. We met in a chat room on the internet while he was in North Carolina and I was in Missouri. It was nice to meet someone that fell in love with my personality before he even saw my face. Luckily neither one of us is a dog. But....internet relationships can and do work out. It may not be the norm, but it does happen.

Old 09-18-2004, 05:11 AM   #9
talking101

I believe many women and men are just too desparate to find someone. You have to like yourself and be happy being by yourself before you can expect someone else to like you. You need to think - what if a girl were interested in you and you were not interested in her, would you want her to get angry and do the things to you that you mention feeling like doing? Think about that. We all get rejections in life, it builds character. You and this gal just weren't meant to be,that's all. Move on. I know a thing or two about relationships - we just celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary. Good luck.

Last edited by Sofracs; 09-18-2004 at 05:12 AM.

Old 10-06-2004, 09:05 PM   #10

Debbs HB User

Oh my gosh, leave the poor girl alone...she obviously is not interested in you, and you sound a little , ummm obsessive and perhaps thats the reason she is dissing you. Read some people skills books and learn how to communicate with kindness and consideration. No one likes to be rejected but unfortunately its part and parcel with life, learn to deal with it and move on, there is someone out there for you, just go about it the right way and you will find happiness.

Old 10-07-2004, 07:58 AM   #11

imdunn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchimama
HEY HEY HEY!!! I have been married to my husband for 3years now, together for 7. We met in a chat room on the internet while he was in North Carolina and I was in Missouri. It was nice to meet someone that fell in love with my personality before he even saw my face. Luckily neither one of us is a dog. But....internet relationships can and do work out. It may not be the norm, but it does happen.

I was going to post the same thing LOL I didn't meet my husband in a chat room and in fact met him before the world wide web, but I did meet him on the internet in an online game called a MUD. We've been married 10 years and have two wonderful children, and frankly, he's the love of my life and there have been no regrets.

Internet relationships *can* work out - it's just a lot scarier now! When I met my husband, the only people on the internet other than government folks were Computer Science majors, and geeks. There was also about a 1 to 100 ratio of women to men. Fortunately for us, neither of us were "dogs" either LOL

Old 10-23-2004, 02:32 PM   #12
(female)

KSaan HB User

Hey it's not that all internet relationships won't work it is just that this one is not for you - find someone who will return your love.

Old 10-28-2004, 03:42 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

WOW. That's scary. I used to talk to guys on the internet before I was married. I have had them act obsessed before and keep iming me all of the time. One thing I have experienced in the past is when I first got involved with the internet it was like something I had never done before and it's easy to let your feelings get carried away. You have to not take it so seriously. It's just the internet. If you have never met this girl before you are just obsessed with the online relationship you had. When you get over this you will realize how silly it was. In my opinion people tend to get feelings for eachother when they talk online sooner then they really should. When two people are typing to eachother it's easier to say things that you would never say in person at that stage of the game. So feelings run deeper faster but too soon because when the other person does not want to talk to you anymore it's hard to deal with.

Old 10-28-2004, 07:32 PM   #14

LynnDewald HB User

I don't think the issue of this thread is whether or not internet relationships work. Everyone's different, and just as some people swear by astrology, others swear by internet dating. Anycrap, it sounds to me as if you DO have an anger management problem (and you took the right step by recognizing a problem) but perhaps you came to the wrong place for help. I use the health boards often and I love them, but I think this thread has gotten off topic and some of the people that chose to respond were down right mean My advice to you is to RELAX and try to move on. It may not be easy, but you can't force someone to like you. If you enjoy meeting people on the internet, then hop on another site and find someone who'll invest as much time into you as you do her. And please - don't go to her house and punch her - that's illegal!

Old 10-28-2004, 09:33 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

I don't think it's mean to respond in a negative way when someone actually says they want to hurt someone physically. That they keep thinking about it. Hey that is just plain wrong and if people don't speak up and say that is bad and react in a negative way then where would this world be?

Closed Thread