It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2004, 03:44 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jill30 HB User
Husband tired of my high strung personality

I am very high strung and I fly off the handle very easily. I do admit little petty things set me off and I go into this rage of emotion. Any advice would be helpfull.

Old 11-24-2004, 07:11 PM   #2

Karen9745 HB User
Re: Husband tired of my high strung personality

I myself am high strung to a certain point.. I don't think I am stuck up I just like nice stuff and I know what I want in life. There is nothing wrong with how you are.I bet you were that way when you met. If it is really putting a strain on your relationship perhaps talking to someone can help..First talk to him maybe it's just the way he is seeing/and hearing you. Sometimes the way you think it's coming out is not the way other people take it. Trust me I know this first hand. My husbands family calls me princess because I am high strung. They don't even know me. I tend to be sarcastic and it's my sense of humor. I have always been this wayand if they don't like me because of that oh well.There are lots of other people that think I am pretty cool..Hang in there..
Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2004, 11:08 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

hannasnana HB User

Sounds like it could be a serious problem in your marriage relationship. Have you considered counceling?

Old 12-04-2004, 11:00 AM   #4

ZMan88 HB User
Talking Re: Husband tired of my high strung personality

Talk to your family physician. He may suggest paxil, celexa, lexapro, or another SUI. When you find the "right one" for yourself, it would be a blessing to you and especially those that you love. Secondly, is to talk to a good domestic counselor for both. Anything to avoid "D"!!!! good luck, God bless.

Old 12-04-2004, 07:48 PM   #5

Gail HB User

I was like that for many years, just like my father. I ended up getting angry enough one night to take a bottle of my Trazadone. That put me in a mental hospital for six months. When I finally got out I started on mood stabilizers. That was six years ago and things have been so different.

For some reason, a couple of weeks ago I started having uncontrollable rages again. I am now starting on Risperdal. I hope it will work for me.

I hope you find what will work for you before something happens to you that totally changes your life for the worse like mine did.

Closed Thread