It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2002, 09:46 AM   #1

Pammyp72 HB User
Post almost too late

I have a problem with my anger. The least little thing can set it off. I have been married for 4 years and with my husband for 7 years. We have a 4 year old son. I worry about any and everything. My husband had talked to me about doing something about it my anger because it was getting so bad. We recently moved to a new town and a couple of days ago he said he was leaving me. He said it was my anger and my jealousy that he could not deal with anymore. I want to say to anyone that has anger problems to not let it go that far. If the people that love you want you to get help, then please do it. I have agreed to see a doctor and take anger managment classes. My husband and I are trying to work threw this but I have a lot of work ahead of me. If anyone has any suggestions please send them to me.

PammyP72

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2003, 03:13 AM   #2

AmberDoo's HB User
Wink

Hello!Sorry to hear about the stress.I also have a temper I can't control at times.Throwing phones ect;at my man in front of my daughter.Both my man and daughter are afraid of me,when I lose it.I don't know how I haven't killed someone,or ended up in jail,I wouldn't think twice about swinging at a cop or even judge if I was mad.I totally lose it.Glad to see you are willing to get help.I can tell you,forsure this comes from your Mother or father.Both my parents were hot tempered.Your parents made you who you are today,but you can change,and should,for yourself,kids,and hubby.I don't agree with him making go to therapy.You have to do that on your own.Good luck.Remember these very important words*****LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT!*****Oh yes,and my daughter now has my temper so I am daily battling her for control.Your kids will do the same,get help NOW.God bless***AmberDoo's

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2003, 12:19 AM   #3

TonyTone HB User
I used to take anger management. It helped a little. But not too much. I even got into a fist fight just coming out of the office once, with another guy who was going into it.

I've always have had a bad temper. But then I found things to release my anger. And now I'm probably the calmest in my family. I began to rap.(hey I'm only 20)I wrote raps that were angry, and when I rapped them out loud, I let all my frustrations lose. Well, pretty soon, I didn't need to write angry lyrics. After a while, I was naturally calm.I don't have to vent, or find a release. I don't even need to restrain myself anymore, I've grown to be very patient.Now I am almost always calm (everyone is human) And if was able to do it, I'm sure anyone who is willing to try can to.

I found a way to release my anger. It may work for you too, you just need to find your own outlet. Some release it by lifting weights, swimming,religion, writing poems,or jogging. Martial arts are very good for stress relief, and arts such as Tai Chi, or Aikido, may help with anger managment. Find something that you can do to release your anger. And just keep at it.

It won't work overnight. It took me about a year maybe year and a half, to have a normal temper. It took me another year or two, to have the patience I do now. As long as you work at it, hopefully you'll achieve this.

I hope I helped.

Closed Thread