It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 07:22 AM   #1
(female)

jsmith567 HB User
need help managing anger

I'm a 28 year old, stay at home mom to 2 boys (3, and 18 months). My oldest has special needs as well (developmental delays, apraxia, sensory integration dysfunction, possible PDD-NOS), and I babysit my niece's daughter (11 months). Lately, it seems like I have no patience. I find myself screaming at the kids, and honestly -being a little too rough. Like -if I need to take one of the boys to time out, I pull them by the arm a little too hard, and sit them down a little hard. I tend to swear way too much when I'm angry as well. I don't want to react this way, but it seems to spiral into a rage before I can stop it. I can feel my jaw clench and I just want to hit something. Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to manage these reactions? I don't want to be an angry, mean mom and I'm afraid that's happening all too quickly. I do find that when I'm well rested, I deal a bit better -but with three under three -rest is rare. I also find that one of my biggest triggers is noise -the whining or crying. I just want to make it stop by any means necessary. I'd appreciate any ideas or help you can give me. I really want to get this under control.
thanks,

Jen

Old 08-06-2006, 04:24 PM   #2
(female)

Njoylife HB User
Re: need help managing anger

Hi Jen,
First I appluad you for being a stay-at-home. Second, from what you have written, I can see myself where you are. I would suggest stop sitting for your neice. Two under three is plenty. Three would try anyone out. Your children should be you're only concern. With only two you might find it more managable. You could go for walks or to the park,etc and spend quality time with your own two boys. I would explain to your sister that you just can't sit anymore and give her two weeks to find an alternative(maybe she'd bring up her own child). Stick to your guns and after two weeks do not sit. Best of life..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread