It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2007, 05:31 AM   #1
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cecilton, MD USA
Posts: 15
meghan5507 HB User
Exclamation Husband with anger problem-question

My Husband use to be the sweetes person alive then the past couple of years he has been getting really angery at things we might say or he will just start yelling at everyone. but when he comes down he says he didn't say or do any of that. But when we go to the doctors about it he's back to this sweetes guy again and they think I am crazy. What should I do we have a year old son and he is picking up his dads happit.

 
Old 06-14-2007, 08:59 AM   #2
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MI
Posts: 263
jujubeez725 HB User
Re: Husband with anger problem-question

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan5507 View Post
My Husband use to be the sweetes person alive then the past couple of years he has been getting really angery at things we might say or he will just start yelling at everyone. but when he comes down he says he didn't say or do any of that. But when we go to the doctors about it he's back to this sweetes guy again and they think I am crazy. What should I do we have a year old son and he is picking up his dads happit.
Your husband may not believe he has an anger problem.
How can the doctor help if he (your husband) doesn't think he has a problem?

If your husband isn't willing to acknowledge he has an anger problem, he can't get help-- but he should think about what this is doing to his family.
If nothing is done, your son will pick up his dad's habit and act the same way.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 06-14-2007, 09:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
rosequartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago,IL
Posts: 10,344
rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Husband with anger problem-question

he may have more than an anger problem. do some research on BPD, borderline personality disorder. I discovered it while researching anger management. I had an ex-BF who had what I thought was an anger management problem, turns out anger was just the symptom of the bigger disorder.....BPD

 
Old 06-14-2007, 01:41 PM   #4
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: essex
Posts: 15
camran HB User
Re: Husband with anger problem-question

you say that your husband has been getting angry for the past 2 years, which would just about cover your pregnancy and then the birth and first year of your child's life, is there a connection? did you have problems during pregnancy or giving birth that could have made him feel helpless or excluded, or could his frustration have something to do with a lack of intimate relations due to the demands of a baby. it just seems coincidental. in any case you both need help with this before it affects the child. persuade him to go for counselling with you. it won't but easy but the option of just putting up with it isn't easy either.
good luck.

 
Old 06-16-2007, 08:20 AM   #5
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cecilton, MD USA
Posts: 15
meghan5507 HB User
Re: Husband with anger problem-question

Quote:
Originally Posted by camran View Post
you say that your husband has been getting angry for the past 2 years, which would just about cover your pregnancy and then the birth and first year of your child's life, is there a connection? did you have problems during pregnancy or giving birth that could have made him feel helpless or excluded, or could his frustration have something to do with a lack of intimate relations due to the demands of a baby. it just seems coincidental. in any case you both need help with this before it affects the child. persuade him to go for counselling with you. it won't but easy but the option of just putting up with it isn't easy either.
good luck.
we had this problem before I got pregnant and during the pregnancy he put in depression by the things he said to me. during the birth he wouldn't help any. till this day he doesn't think that the baby is his responsablity its either mine or his moms. He and his family is self employed so he flips out on everyone. Blames everyone if something goes wrong when he is the one breaking equipment and is always taking off. We just don't know what to do he want go to the doctor

 
Old 06-16-2007, 08:45 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,178
Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: Husband with anger problem-question

Meghan, did he have a head injury or other change in his health before all of this started?

 
Old 06-17-2007, 01:18 PM   #7
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: essex
Posts: 15
camran HB User
Re: Husband with anger problem-question

ok, so looks like he may not have wanted the baby to start with and feels resentment. many men cannot settle down and find it hard to committ. but he is behaving very badly. if you cannot persuade him to seek help you must look to other members of his family to help. you should not have to put up with this and he must be made to see that. but ultimately if he refuses to change you must to do something for the sake of your child and a trial seperation may be necessary. hope it doesn't come to that.

 
Old 06-18-2007, 07:09 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
rosequartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago,IL
Posts: 10,344
rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Husband with anger problem-question

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan5507 View Post
we had this problem before I got pregnant and during the pregnancy he put in depression by the things he said to me. during the birth he wouldn't help any. till this day he doesn't think that the baby is his responsablity its either mine or his moms. He and his family is self employed so he flips out on everyone. Blames everyone if something goes wrong when he is the one breaking equipment and is always taking off. We just don't know what to do he want go to the doctor

simple solution.....he won't go to the doctor? you tell him you're going to a LAWYER.......
If you tolerate this, you're partially responsible.

 
Old 06-19-2007, 09:26 AM   #9
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MI
Posts: 263
jujubeez725 HB User
Re: Husband with anger problem-question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
simple solution.....he won't go to the doctor? you tell him you're going to a LAWYER.......
If you tolerate this, you're partially responsible.

LOL Rosequartz!

He definitely needs help .. why hasn't his family said something to him about storming off the job whenever he feels like it? Why haven't they said he needs to help take care of his own baby???

He sounds like he's having a temper tantrum!
He's too old for that.

What, does he think children are "womens work" ???

I have a feeling if she tells him she's going to a lawyer, he'll act even worse.
Something has to be done!

 
Old 06-19-2007, 09:31 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
rosequartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago,IL
Posts: 10,344
rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Husband with anger problem-question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujubeez725 View Post
LOL Rosequartz!



I have a feeling if she tells him she's going to a lawyer, he'll act even worse.
Something has to be done!
good point......on second thought, don't tell him, just do it.
do some research on BPD too, see if you think the shoe fits.

 
Old 06-26-2007, 10:12 AM   #11
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cecilton, MD USA
Posts: 15
meghan5507 HB User
Re: Husband with anger problem-question

He has never been hit in the head. He loves the fact we have a child together and we want another one. I am not going to a lawyer or a trail seperation. I just want to know how should I convince him to go to a therapist or doctor so he and I can talk about it.

 
Old 06-26-2007, 10:18 AM   #12
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MI
Posts: 263
jujubeez725 HB User
Re: Husband with anger problem-question

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan5507 View Post
He has never been hit in the head. He loves the fact we have a child together and we want another one. I am not going to a lawyer or a trail seperation. I just want to know how should I convince him to go to a therapist or doctor so he and I can talk about it.

Did you ask him to go to a therapist or doctor????

If he's loving the fact that you have a child together, why doesn't he help take care of the baby?
And if you're complaining that he doesn't help take care of this baby enough, why have another when he's not helping with the FIRST BABY?????

I wouldn't keep sticking around a guy if he wants to demonstrate violence. It's not wise.
I also wouldn't keep having children w/him b/c that's not good for the kids to see.

They can learn his behaviour if he doesn't change--that's just one of many things that happens in these situations.

Last edited by jujubeez725; 06-26-2007 at 10:26 AM.

 
Old 06-29-2007, 11:27 AM   #13
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cecilton, MD USA
Posts: 15
meghan5507 HB User
Re: Husband with anger problem-question

I have gotten use to taking care of the baby by myself one because his family has there own business and he works long hours or is always working on stuff. He love to keep busy this last couple weeks he has been helping me with the baby when he comes home. and in the middle of the night. I would like to have another child because is great with children but I told him only if he goes and talks to a therapist. Which he was a little upset because he wants another one but if I wont have one till he gets help then that made him think about it some more. As for leaving him I am not getting a divorce my mother was divorced 2 and I am not putting my child through what I want through. I made the dission to get married to him and I will make it work.

Last edited by meghan5507; 06-29-2007 at 11:28 AM.

 
Old 06-29-2007, 11:33 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
rosequartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago,IL
Posts: 10,344
rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Husband with anger problem-question

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan5507 View Post
I have gotten use to taking care of the baby by myself one because his family has there own business and he works long hours or is always working on stuff. He love to keep busy this last couple weeks he has been helping me with the baby when he comes home. and in the middle of the night. I would like to have another child because is great with children but I told him only if he goes and talks to a therapist. Which he was a little upset because he wants another one but if I wont have one till he gets help then that made him think about it some more. As for leaving him I am not getting a divorce my mother was divorced 2 and I am not putting my child through what I want through. I made the dission to get married to him and I will make it work.
you're not doing your child any favors by staying in that situation. children learn what they live. you're teaching your child that it's ok to be verbally abusive..... it's probably only a matter of time before he becomes physically abusive. Do you watch the news? Do you see how many women are killed by the man they love because he has an anger problem? Did you see Chris Benoit just recently killed his wife and kid? Remember Lacy Peterson? That girl in Ohio just last week? Do you want to be on the news? You have a chance to get out now, you're still breathing. You really should consider all your options. You can't make it work on your own, it takes two.

did you ever think, you may be alive today BECAUSE your mother got a divorce?

Last edited by rosequartz; 06-29-2007 at 11:34 AM.

 
Old 07-02-2007, 06:50 AM   #15
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: lester, Alabama, USA
Posts: 8
whitcole29 HB User
Re: Husband with anger problem-question

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan5507 View Post
we had this problem before I got pregnant and during the pregnancy he put in depression by the things he said to me. during the birth he wouldn't help any. till this day he doesn't think that the baby is his responsablity its either mine or his moms. He and his family is self employed so he flips out on everyone. Blames everyone if something goes wrong when he is the one breaking equipment and is always taking off. We just don't know what to do he want go to the doctor
I am going through this problem, with my bf. He is not physically violent towards me, but he gets mad at the littlest things. He literally thinks about running people off the road if they are not doing "HIS" speed. He screems at every vehicle, because they are doing everything worng. I do have a wonderful relationship in most ways, but he takes his anger out on me, not by hitting at all but he scares me, by yelling and hitting walls. The thing is that he knows he has a problem, but he only thinks about helping himself when it gets to the point that i threaten to leave him. He is afraid to go to a therapist, because he sais, "they will just put me on antidepressants," and he doesn't want to live his life from a pill. I need help, before my relationship does suffer to the point where we split, because i love his with all of my heart he just has issues bigtime.

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
PMS and Anger Outbursts araine86 Women's Health 3 07-18-2011 09:29 AM
Angry, verbally abusive husband help please VERYUNHAPPY Relationship Health 17 06-05-2009 01:51 PM
husband with anger issues sarah9134 Anger Management 3 02-03-2008 09:35 AM
I think my husband has anger issues how do I get him to realize this? heidijg Relationship Health 36 11-20-2007 12:28 PM
husband lost it again! 4support Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill 116 08-21-2007 09:29 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added




Top 10 Drugs Discussed on this Board.
(Go to DrugTalk.com for complete list)
Celexa
Effexor
Lexapro
Lithium
Paxil
  Prozac
Risperdal Valium
Xanax
Zoloft




TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



Administrator (12), Seraph (11), rosequartz (6), ciqala (4), Phoenix (3), ladybud (2), janewhite1 (2), melinasw (2), MMWMMW (2), heidijg (1)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1180), MSJayhawk (1004), Apollo123 (904), Titchou (847), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (759), ladybud (754), midwest1 (668), sammy64 (668), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:15 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.com™
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.com™ All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!