It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2007, 07:06 PM   #1
(male)

Mark83 HB User
Angry Dad

My dad gets very angry at times for no apparent reason. When he gets home from work he always has the tendancy to yell at us over the simplest things, but when he gets really angry he either hits us or shouts out swear words, I remember one time in which my sister accidentally spilled water on our kitchen table that my dad shouted at her so loud that our next door neighbour could hear it. when my dad and I have a conversation it most likely turns into an argument. I am also noticing similar traits with my siblings, they are becoming more violent as they grow.

My mom on the other hand is the complete opposite, we always seem to favor her side rather than my fathers. When my dad gets angry my mom tries to calm him down but usually makes it worse.

i feel as though that i should fight back next time he attempts to hit one of us.......

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2007, 10:23 PM   #2
(female)

leeleelanilou HB User
Re: Angry Dad

My sons & I went through kind of what you're dealing with. At times my husband would talk to our youngest son & he would smart mouth his father & they'd start wrestling. At that point my husband wouldn't hit our son but he really felt like it. There were enough incidences that I asked my husband to take anger management classes or move out. He chose the latter. He also went on Paxil & that helped his anxiety which helps him control his temper.
How old are you? Could you defend yourself if your father hits you more than once & you need to defend yourself? I wouldn't hit him back because you could incite his anger further. Have you talked to your mother about his anger control problems? Your family may need to have an intervention & talk to him about his behavior. ONLY do this if you feel that it would be SAFE to do so. It may take a professional to help your family out of this. Could you go to a school counselor, clergy man/woman or someone else you can trust? Your dad is mentally, verbally & physically abusive & he needs help. In the US he could go to jail for hitting his wife & children. Don't be afraid to call the authorities if he's hurting one of you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2007, 10:41 AM   #3
(female)

Bluesy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeleelanilou View Post
Don't be afraid to call the authorities if he's hurting one of you.
That's exactly what I would do. This needs to stop because it will only get worse. If you don't want to contact authorities maybe you could tell a family member.

EDIT: It's also not fair for your siblings or mother to have to go through this. Does your mother ever talk about it or try to get help?

Last edited by Bluesy; 10-03-2007 at 10:54 AM.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:48 PM   #4
(male)

Mark83 HB User

First of all Thx for all the advice.

I would report my dad to the authorities but it will just mess up my family even more, How is my mom suppose to provide food and shelter for 3 kids with only one job?

Old 10-03-2007, 06:19 PM   #5
(female)

Bluesy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark83 View Post
First of all Thx for all the advice.

I would report my dad to the authorities but it will just mess up my family even more, How is my mom suppose to provide food and shelter for 3 kids with only one job?
Well first of all if he attacks someone in the house they will take him to jail so you wouldn't have to worry about the shelter. How old are you? If you don't mind me asking.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:50 PM   #6
(female)

leeleelanilou HB User

Hey Mark83, remember that if your dad goes to jail he'll probably get charged with domestic violence or child endangerment/abuse & he'll be made to take an anger management course. Please talk to your mom about this. You all don't deserve to go through life this way.

Closed Thread