It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2007, 11:54 AM   #1
(female)

DOVE114 HB User
How To Control My Boyfriends Anger

Old 11-07-2007, 07:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: How To Control My Boyfriends Anger

You should not have to control his anger. Thats his issue if he has a anger issue he should seek help. If he won't. Then its up to you to decide if you want to live this way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2007, 07:41 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOVE114 View Post
Dear Dove,

You cannot control his anger.

Now on the other hand, if he were to attend(for argument's sake) anger management classes or see a therapist and wanted you to join him, that's a totally different scenario.

If he is abusive, whether physically or mentally, you should weigh this heavily with respect to the decision of continuing this relationship.

Take care.

Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 11-13-2007 at 10:04 PM.

Old 11-26-2007, 08:29 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

its up to your boyfriend to control his anger....
it's up to you to control who you associate with......

Old 12-03-2007, 03:09 AM   #5
(female)

zile HB User

you cant control his anger. he will find small mistakes just to feed his anger. he must be the one who acknowledges that he has a problem, then seek for help.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:16 PM   #6
(female)

pinklove52 HB User

What kind of anger is he expressing? My boyfriend used to be extremely angry and always wanting to fight people who made him mad. He's totally different now, because of both maturity and (i'd like to think..)my disapproval of fighting. Try talking to him and getting to the root of his anger and discover new ways to manage anger/stress (working out, punching bags, etc)

Old 01-06-2008, 06:02 AM   #7
(female)

likesacookie HB User

My ex was a very angry person and he went on meds. It helped him to control it and feel happier. You could suggest that to him and, even beg, for him to look into it.

The other posters tell the absolute truth. There is NOTHING you can do to control it. I eventually had to leave my ex because of his anger and his complete disrespect for me, but your situation could be different. What got me through those times was reminding myself that I could only control myself. It sort of became my mantra and it made me stronger. I still try to use that to this day when things get crazy. He will behave however he choses. You can choose how you want to respond to it.

Best to you!

Closed Thread