It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2008, 08:12 PM   #1
(female)

VictorsLadii HB User
Is it Possible?

Ok..I am an 18 year old female. And for the past couple years I have noticed that my anger has become more frequent and to say the least, its pretty uncontrolable. I seem to take it out on my family more often then not. I've been under alot of stress lately but it seems like my anger is out of control, I've never intentionaly flipped out on someone I didnt know except maybe for other dumb people driving ..I may have a case of road rage. But its not just driving when I get angry its like even when someone is talking to me it seems like they have an attitude with me and I just get so frustrated that I get angry and it turns into an all out wrath. My sister yelled at me the other day saying I had "MENTAL PROBLEMS"..I have become violent during these times of wrath. I fear I may hurt myself or others while in this mental stage. I've become more confused and seem to forget things that I was talking about just 5 minutes before. Is it possible I have an anger problem and is there anyway to treat it? I've tried to control myself but just getting aggitated seems to turn into an all out war with myself. Im so lost and I dont want to feel this angry feeling or get into these bits of wrath anymore. I know my mother has had mental issues since she was in her teen years..also last year at the end of 2007 my mom tried to commit suicide and was allmost successful if I hadnt called 911, she overdosed on pain medication and stopped breathing and was virtualy in an unconscious state, she was put on life support.Seeing that happen I also noticed I get even more angrier..but I dont know if it's genetic...Should I see someone? Im realy worried..I dont know who to tell or how to go about it..I just want to have a clear mind and not be so stressed out, I feel sometimes I might be depressed but I've never went to the doctor about it. Like I said I am 18 years old and it seems like in the past anyone I tell uses things I tell them against me, and going to my mom about it seems like a dead end because I dont want to let her know what she did added more stress to me..I mean imagine staring death straight in the face exspecialy your own mother..maybe my sister was right I do have mental problems..someone help me please. I need someone to look up to for advice, It realy hurts me to know that I may have a serious problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2008, 07:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: Is it Possible?

Hi VL, I'll bet your mom's problems have really had an affect on you. I am sorry that you have had to deal with this. This is tough to have to deal with this while you are growing up. I could see how it would cause anger because at times I am sure that it just doesn't seem fair and probably a lot of your needs were not attended to. I would suggest going to your doc just to get checked out to make sure that everything is alright and then I would suggest getting some therapy so that you can understand and deal with everything that has happened to you. Please don't feel bad that there are things that have to be dealt with. Many of us grew up in less than ideal situations and they can be overcome and you can triumph.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:27 PM   #3
(female)

Leigh0211 HB User
Re: Is it Possible?

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Hang in there. These trials will only make you stronger so one day you can help others in the same situations.
I noticed when my daughter was about 15 she started having issues with anger outbursts. It took me and my husband by surprise because she was our "easy going child". Her anger was directed to all of us in the family at different times but mostly toward her older (by 19 months) sister. She would react violent to her at times too. We recognized she was struggling and she would complain about not sleeping well and she was having a hard time with some of her close friends. We decided to get her into counseling because she needed someone to talk to outside of the family and at this point she wanted help. After about 5 months the counselor diagnoised her with depression and put her on Lexapro mainly to help her sleep at night. It has been a year now. She is 16 1/2. She goes to her counselor about 2 times a month and she has many more good days then bad. We are so happy to see her happy and feeling better about life and she gets along much better with all of us.

Closed Thread