It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2008, 08:40 AM   #1
(male)

FistsOfFury HB User
How Long Should I Hold My Anger In?

Should I just become a door mat and allow people to **** me off without reprisal? Or should I blow my lid once in a while to lay down the law around the workplace?

Old 04-23-2008, 08:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: How Long Should I Hold My Anger In?

I think you need to strive for something in between......some middle ground....
how about being assertive and saying what's on your mind before it gets to the boiling point?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2008, 08:55 AM   #3
(male)

FistsOfFury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
I think you need to strive for something in between......some middle ground....
how about being assertive and saying what's on your mind before it gets to the boiling point?
I certainly do strive for something in between, but I just can't help myself sometimes. Today, it nearly boiled over when a cyclist wouldn't get out of my way while I was late for work. I parked the car and did the ten deep breaths, only to have that same cyclist in my way again a few hundred feet down the road. Thank God that cyclist hit a rock and fell or I could have done something regrettable.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

Teach people how you wanted to be treated which means each and every time something isn't right you speak up but not in an angry voice ...in a normal every day voice and just a short 'I don't like it when you do ....'whatever it is. If they continue with the same thing then you respond in the same way or eventually just ignore them. But never blow up at coworkers or you will be seen as the nut case. Be smarter than the person making you angry. Read up on anger management or join a group or whatever it takes to help you. However, you really need to understand why whatever it is is making you angry. Good luck.

Closed Thread