It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2008, 05:58 AM   #1
(male)

scotti1987 HB User
Young, Stressed, Angry, Tired, Aggitated... Whats up with me?

Hello all. This being my first time on the site, Like to say a hello. Im Scott, Im in my early 20's and am feeling a complete mix of emotions. I Can be all of the above for most of any given day but can express myself fine, but sometimes it just boiles over and I start snapping (mostly at my girlfriend, who I live with along with our 5 month old little girl). I don't mean to, but I'm really worried because I dont know how much longer she'll put up with it. I wake up in the morning for work (after a decent 8 hours or so kip) and feel terrible (no energy, eyes hurt, dreading the day ahead of me), when i'm at work, much the same but I enjoy my job enough for it not to be my job getting me down. When I get in, i am miserable, short, sharp, angry, aggitated.

I havn't had the easiest of growing up's, been much on my own since age of sixteen and have had to grow up quite fast but dont see how that could be result of all my emotions. I Love my little family and just dont want my partner to think it is her im angry at. Our daughter is the most amazing thing that could ever of happened to me and was kind of hoping that when she was born it would of sorted me out abit. But all it has done is put strain on my relationship (because I feel much the same as before, no energy to do anything, meaning that my girlfriend ends up doing most things). Really worried, dont know what to do with myself. Any suggestions on what to do? Who to speak to? what to try?

Would be much appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2008, 02:38 PM   #2
(female)

akazie HB User
Re: Young, Stressed, Angry, Tired, Aggitated... Whats up with me?

Hello Scott and welcome to the forums. The first thing I think you should do is talk to your doctor. How long have you been like this?

You might also like to think about taking a holiday, even if it is just for the weekend. It might be an idea to find someone to look after the baby so you could take a weekend away with your girlfriend who probably needs a break just as much as you.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:30 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

I think you should have a complete physical examination and just rule out any physical cause for your tiredness. Also, you may be depressed and may need an antidepressant to rebalance your brain chemistry. It sounds to me like you are definitely under a bit of stress and it is not good that you subject your family to this. It can be sorted. Good luck, Sera.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:49 PM   #4
(male)

1098 HB User

Yeah sounds like depression or anxiety. See a doctor, tell them just what you said here. When you make the appointment, if you dont know what to say, tell them you need to speak to a doctor about your fatigue and anger.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:04 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

css1 HB User

it's unanamous, four for four

go visit a doctor, nix the physical first, so many folks maybe 80% over look the simple obvious stuff, so eliminate that first

and rethink how what happened as a kid could effect what you think and feel now, you may be wrong and it's a non-issue, yet, u could be wrong

either way, i still vote, DOCTOR DOCTOR give me the news

good luck

Old 12-19-2008, 08:31 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Scott,

Well, pretty much the same as everyone else, see a general practioner for the physical symptoms and get those taken care of. Then see a pyschologist to deal with the psychosomatic symptoms.

Kat

Closed Thread