It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2008, 04:59 AM   #1
(male)

Fiddlercrab40 HB User
Angry 12 years of anger changed me into someone else...help

So, over time I have become more stressed and more angry. The economy has hurt my business and personal life. All I do is run around trying to do everything and accomplish very little. My life is spiraling and I need help. I went to anger management years ago when I broke my back. Their main concern was to convince me not to feel the way I felt and everything was my fault. If I wanted blame I would visit my mother! I am afraid my anger will become pysical. I dont sleep, work is exhausting, I am depressed, Ifeel I fail everyone around me. Where can I turn for help??? Or am I justed a cranky person who should live by themselves?

Old 12-01-2008, 12:08 PM   #2
(female)

skbrmom HB User
Re: 12 years of anger changed me into someone else...help

Stress can make us mean. With the economy as bad as it is, even the nicest folks are on edge these days. Maybe if you saw your doc and got some meds for anxiety, you would feel more in control and less angry. Hard to say. When I cant seem to get a grip, I go for a brutal run. I hate running too. But the exercise makes me feel better and just gets rid of those intense emotions. Good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
(male)

valuedinsights HB User
Thumbs up Re: 12 years of anger changed me into someone else...help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlercrab40 View Post
So, over time I have become more stressed and more angry. The economy has hurt my business and personal life. All I do is run around trying to do everything and accomplish very little. My life is spiraling and I need help. I went to anger management years ago when I broke my back. Their main concern was to convince me not to feel the way I felt and everything was my fault. If I wanted blame I would visit my mother! I am afraid my anger will become pysical. I dont sleep, work is exhausting, I am depressed, Ifeel I fail everyone around me. Where can I turn for help??? Or am I justed a cranky person who should live by themselves?

Last edited by valuedinsights; 12-06-2008 at 12:51 PM.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:58 AM   #4
(male)

nickafrey HB User

Quote:
My wife was streesing out before we started dating and she would have panic attacks on a regular basis the doctor prescribed zoloft and now she only gets angry and streesed out when she does not have her medicine.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:15 AM   #5
(female)

Mamasan2007 HB User

I agree, some meds would help you. In the form of an SSRI.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:57 PM   #6
(male)

linkin01 HB User

Also consider natural treatments for depression like exercise. Consider if your depression is seasonal... you can get light therapy. You may not need meds but you probably need a psychiatrist to get a handle on the causes of your feelings and reactions.

There are also 12-step groups like Emotions Anonymous. You don't have to be addicted to something for EA, just feel like you handle emotions unskillfully and want to seek support.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:37 PM   #7
(male)

1098 HB User

Get on some meds. Self help groups may help you to cope with it, but meds will help you reduce or eliminate it. Best advice from my anger management class; just dont get mad. Took me a while to see the wisdom, but it took meds to get me to be able to do it.

Old 12-20-2008, 04:05 AM   #8
(male)

valuedinsights HB User

I'm sorry to hear of your struggles. I took an anger management class a few years ago, and it has really made a difference in my life. They teach you that anger starts with your "thinking." So if we change our thoughts and not take things personally, it will make a dramatic difference.

Good luck to you.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:50 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

css1 HB User

Quote:
Are you still around, man?

Well, u have already turned here for help, and many are here.

IMHO, sometimes the Anger Management Teacher is not able help certain folks because of there own teaching style.

IMHO, it is always wrong wrong wrong to convince someone not too feel something, it's just wrong, if you feel it it is real

there is nothing wrong with feeling something it is how you deal with it

anger is not in and of itself bad, at the climax of most movies aren't the folks mad, and then rush the hill evne though bullets reign down

My gut feeling is that your are EXHAUSTED, you have been exhausted for a long time, and how you express is is with anger, me, i crawl up under the covers, ie, zone out on the couch, everyone expresses emotions differently, and there is also nothing wrong with that, although how has alot of information that can be helpful.

so, are you still reading these messages, we can help but you gotta answer man

Closed Thread