It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #1
(male)

Enowil HB User
I don't get no respect

My mom died -yes, I have to use the word died, not passed away, or anything else, in late May, just a couple weeks after her seventy-fourth birthday, and eleven days after my fifty-fourth dirthday. I had to do CPR on her while my dad waited in the front yard for the ambulance. Obviously she didn't make it. What a helluva memory that is! Anyway, I don't get any respect from any member of my family. My dad pretty much ingores me, he's eighty, as do my borthers and sisters. I lost my job -not the first, or maybe even the first-dozenth time - late last year and have been living at home for the past seven months. Now its with my dad, as apposed to mom and dad. He and I have never got along - long story - and I don't care much what happens to him - no love lost obviously -although I do love him, I think. Anyway...here I am living - if you can call it living - at home, and not getting any respect from any member of the family. I have long been the 'Black Sheep' of the family. All the other children are successful and making a good lving, in other words, lots of money. I have always been plagued - another long story - by one mishap or another, etc. etc. etc. I freaking HATE having to stay here!!! Especially since my dad had a damn girlfriend - a widow - just a couple months after the woman he was married to for firty-six years died. If I could save any freaking money I would move the hell out of here and not look back, but I can't. So what do I do? It makes me angry as hell the way they -and everybody else, at work and etc. treat me!!! I feel like taking it out on someone! My life is in the crapper! I lost my mom, have no wife, or even a girlfriend for the past six or seven years, and have nothing to live for. What do I do to get rid of this intense anger? I would appreciate you input.

Last edited by Enowil; 07-25-2009 at 02:37 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2009, 04:51 AM   #2
(female)

electric blue HB User
Re: I don't get no respect

Enowil,

What Writeleft said!!!

Electric blue

Old 07-26-2009, 04:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Choice HB User

Respect is earned.

deleted

I think you should thank your lucky stars you have a roof over your head. I'd give you the boot. I've been in your situation. I had to move back in with my elderly parents when I was 29 and they were 72 and 79. It turned out to be a blessing for all. I was able to get back on my feet, become close with them, (I had not been when younger), and give them a sense of security that I was there if an emergency arose, which it did, multiple times. I eventually built a house next door to them to be able to continue being available for them when needed. When I moved (a couple years before I built my house) they told me I was welcome to stay. Definitely not what I had been told 10 years earlier! We do make our own luck, for sure.

They are both gone now and I miss them dearly. I regret the years we wasted, but I'm so grateful for those last years we shared. I still live in the house I built and get to watch strangers remodel my childhood home.

Your dad obviously loves you if he's allowing you in HIS home. You need an attitude adjustment. Contact your county mental health center and take advantage of the counseling services available.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-02-2009 at 06:31 PM. Reason: inappropriate question

Old 08-28-2009, 07:11 AM   #4
(female)

chairman meow HB User

It sounds to me like you're mad at your father for dating again so soon after your mother's death. Also you don't like feeling dependent on him, especially when all your other siblings are so successful. It makes you feel like a charity case or something.

I would try to get counseling and make amends with him.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:21 AM   #5
(male)

ablast HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enowil View Post
Just stop! I wish I hadn't posted! Nobody understands. Well, just you ALL wait and see..
I think you have gone through an enormous ordeal trying to revive your Mother. Your post suggests you are not coping with her death and you may be blaming your Father and everyone else because you where unable to help her. I think you need to speak to your Doctor about this and he may be able to prescribe medication or refer you to another health professional. Things have not been going well for you in your life. Then to deal first hand with the death of your mother and have no emotional support.
you need help. Go to your doctor and get it. Don't worry to much about insensitive people.

Closed Thread