It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2009, 10:36 PM   #1
(female)

KerryT HB UserKerryT HB User
Question Fit of anger made me ill...?!

In the past couple of years, I have had two fights with my husband. Both times I found evidence he was cheating - so that's the kind of anger I'm talking about (ladies, I know you can relate). I became so seethingly angry that I started running a fever. I went to bed for the next 12 hours with a temp of 101. Then it dawned on me that the same thing happened a year earlier. We had a huge fight, I flipped out and made him pack a bag and leave. Soon after I began running a fever, and stayed in bed with it for the next day. At the time I thought I just caught a bug.

I've never heard of this happening. Is this the body's defense or something? I'm lucky I didn't give myself a stroke, as angry as I was. Is this just a coincidence it happened twice, or can a person become so intensely angered that their temperature rises sharply?

Old 09-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #2
(male)

T12659 HB User
Re: Fit of anger made me ill...?!

I am a 49 yr old man and can relate to you getting ill after an anger attack 100%....I am in the middle of this same thing now.
I have dealt with depression most all of my life...now I am in the process of trying to help with my elderly parents and my aunt that partially reared me and a severely handicapped sister....I am so depressed with this I don't know where to turn. I am going to post a thread after I finish here...I saw your post and wanted you to know that you are not alone. I am starting therapy in a couple of weeks to see if that will help me find a way to deal with this crisis. I am almost to the point of throwing up my hands and quitting.
To stte again Kerry...You are NOT alone. T

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2009, 12:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Fit of anger made me ill...?!

I'm sorry to hear that your anger made you sick!
why not leave your cheating husband and take care of your emotional health!
He can't be good for you if he cheats and makes you sick!

Closed Thread