It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2009, 08:32 AM   #1
(female)

Dolphin43 HB User
Anger at how my life has turned out

Hi to all,

I am angry how my life has turned out never shown any respect by hubby just feel used since been married while he goes off and does what he wants i am left stuck at home looking after teenager while he works n flirts.

Ok so spend money but i am depressed n need an outlet want to work but stuff gets in the way iam sick of living in half decorated house n need to have hubby at home dont mind him working but he works away.

Dolphin

Old 09-06-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

thisworld HB User
Re: Anger at how my life has turned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin43 View Post

Hi to all,

I am angry how my life has turned out never shown any respect by hubby just feel used since been married while he goes off and does what he wants i am left stuck at home looking after teenager while he works n flirts.

Ok so spend money but i am depressed n need an outlet want to work but stuff gets in the way iam sick of living in half decorated house n need to have hubby at home dont mind him working but he works away.

Dolphin
talk to hubby and let him know how you feel. we allow people to do things to us. until we like ourselves we will keep getting hurt.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2009, 07:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

hey there,

i feel anger at my how my life turned out too...but for different reasons.

anyway, you say you're stuck at home. why? you say you spend money, but that doesn't really satisfy in the long run, right?

you don't have to be stuck at home staring at the same walls all the time, feeling bored to death, and feeling "used," while he goes out, "working" and "flirting"!!!!

you CAN do something to improve your daily routine. what do you want / like to do?

i dont' know about your physical health or your abilities, but is it possible for you to work part-time somewhere? it doesn't even have to be for the money (just to get out of the house).

what about going to yoga classess (these have improved my well-being so much, and I'm a very angry, anxious, and depressed person in general), a dance class (somethign you wanted to learn--something new and challanging--i'm taking belly dance now), an art class (imagination is the limit with this one), a swimming pool (they have free, local pools that will probably go indoors now because of the weather); creative writing; photography; a women's group, or a group at your church, synagogue, temple, etc.....

let me tell you dolphoin---most of the days it's soooo dificult for me to just get up and take a shower. BUT, i force myself to; and most importantly, I FORCE myself to get out of the house!!!! this is my number one priority right now. (i took a leave of absence from work for a month, because i couldn't take it anymore--that's another looong story---but i only have one more week--this one--left).

getting out gives us a new perspective. i've learned that. we are "group" animals, social animals, that is--we need at least one other person in this life whom we can talk to, vent to, and trust. and it doesn NOT have to be your husband. i'm sure you must have ONE friend... reach out to her sometime--if possible, go for a walk; go to an eatery; go to a movie; an arts and crafts class at your local libraries--and ask your friend to come with you. you can also go ALONE!! they have free knitting/crocheting sessions at different places (here they have them at different libraries, like i said).

your local papers--the ones you find in grocery stores and at post offices, etc., have a section in the back (at least they do here) with all kinds of events/meetings/ happenings/etc. browse that and circle what you'd like...

now that autumn is around the corner, they have all these street fairs--and they're free!! there are still some concerts in the parks; then, there's apple picking; flea markets; soon it's going to be pumpkin picking season.....

i dont know if you like animals, but there's going to be a dog show here soon that i plan to go to. i love animals, art, music, nature, peace, and i'm ever seraching for "soul liberation"....well, that's because of my depression.

i really am not preaching to you, but i found through my own experience, that if i do something i like, and i'm focused on that, my anger, my rage, my depressive thoughts, my general hell lifts, at least for a little bit.

i hope some of these suggestions would be of some help to you.

god bless!!

Old 09-15-2009, 05:16 AM   #4
(female)

Dragonomine HB User

Dakota has some great advice. The question is... what do you WANT to do?

My husband works 50 hrs a week and I'm a stay at home mom. My kids are 11 and 12 now so I am not letting them stay at home by myself for about an hour while I run errands and stuff. But my entire morning and afternoon is free.

I go to the gym 3 times a week. I work on crafts. Right now I'm up to my eyeballs in Halloween props and then after that it's quilt making season.

I can do lunch or dinner w/ friends. I could even go to clubs if I wanted to, but people there just annoy me anymore.

I do understand about wasting your life though. I just recently found a school that's only 2 hrs away from me and I would have LOVED to go. My life would have been a lot different. But this is what I chose and I make the most out of it. I have a lot of things I love to do and I'm happy I can do them. A lot of people can't. You just need to figure out what you want to do and do it. You have a teenager. They're pretty self sufficient.

Closed Thread