It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2009, 06:02 PM   #1
(male)

Venom351R HB User
Video Game Induced Anger.

Hello everyone. I came here while searching for advice on controlling video game anger issues. I can relate to this other member w/ the same issue which the topic can be found here.

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=677445

I find many of my symptoms to be the same. I can feel myself getting more and more frustrated and the anger building until I reach the breaking point and I smash another controller which happened tonight. Its happened twice so far. First time was over a year ago while playing Call of Duty 4 and tonight was while playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, both while playing online. I get into some games online where nothing seems to go my way, Im always in the wrong place at the wrong time and I just keep dying and dying when I know Im a much better player then that. Often I get really ****** off and just swear and exit out of the match and find another one to join. Its gotten to the point lately where Ive tried to break the controller in half and tonight I smashed it off the floor twice, the second time breaking it. It gets expensive b/c they are not cheap for one thing.

Like the other member with this issue Im not a violent or angry person. I do get mad about things but not to the point of showing physical outrage and just losing it. I do have a stressful job in working in corrections and I do get mad at times at work but I never lose control b/c I can just swear and tell an inmate to shut the **** up and do what hes told and that ends it. This is different though, this is outright losing control and blind rage. I would never harm or hurt another person out of anger Im not like that at all, Im a very passive person but when it comes to playing online games like this sometimes I just cant control it. After my second broken controller I realize that I have a problem

Im just not sure about how to work it out. I dont know of seeing a therapist is the answer or taking an anger management class. It is something I do want to fix about myself and keep under control so any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2010, 10:12 PM   #2
(female)

sleeptight HB User
Re: Video Game Induced Anger.

Hi, I realize you posted this back in Nov., but was wondering if you got any answers about the rage due to your video game playing (or lack thereof-Not to **** you off or anything). Reason for my question is that I was searching the site for my son. Funny he plays Modern Warfare 2, and totally goes BALLISTIC when things dont go his way, he competely cries full blown. He's 11, and I realize you are an adult so yeah you can afford to beat up your controller, my son cant, so he cries. He absolutely hates how he cries when he gets angry. His dad goes beserk when my son does this and tells him to simply stop getting mad and control it. ( Well duh, he would if he could). anyway just wondering if you found anything that has helped you with it.

Closed Thread