It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2010, 07:20 AM   #1
(male)

ADORATION HB User
WHAT MED IS GOOD FOR anger?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2010, 11:14 AM   #2
(female)

Arggg HB UserArggg HB UserArggg HB User
Re: WHAT MED IS GOOD FOR anger?

Some antidepressants and anti-mania prescriptions are good for managing anger, if your anger is a symptom of an underlying psychiatric disorder.

Eating a really healthy diet helps prevent anger. Fish oil supplements are very calming; so are B complex supplements.

Anger can be triggered by certain foods like caffeine, sugar, or chocolate. Try to cut down on those and any other food that makes you feel ill (dairy, soy, whatever it is), because they will contribute to your bad mood.

Hormone replacement therapy works wonders if you're in menopause (I am).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2010, 01:34 AM   #3
(female)

JodeeR HB User

Hypnosis is great, it teaches you excellent relaxation techniques. I go to positive changes. they deal with every and any problem you can have. Not just weight loss or smoking. Have you searched your heart and discovered WHY you're so angry? Medicine will not work if you don't ferret out the root of the problem. I am also a firm believer in prayer.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:53 AM   #4
(female)

CoolBuddy HB User

Anger could be a symptom of another psychic disorder. Research for the other problems you have like sadness, loss of sleep, loss of appetite, social phobia, agitation, irritation, memory loss.

To know more about your problem, look for the very start of being angry. May be you can diagnose the reason of this problem. If yes, avoiding that reason will help and you will never need medicines.

Depression of any level can cause the anger. And if someone get serious depression, the anger, agitation, irritation leads to fatal mistakes/loss.

You may look online help for the symptoms of depression. I have used the "Escitalopram" for 2 months and known the changes after 2 weeks of use.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:35 PM   #5
(female)

superstressed HB User

I take prozac and klonopin. It helps me out a lot, plus I go to counseling and the psychologist gives me assignments like writing my anger down in a journal, and we talk about what makes me upset.
Right Wrist Arthroscopy 08/2001
Tonsillectomy/Turbinectomy, 09/2001

Old 04-05-2010, 03:21 AM   #6
(female)

marinella HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADORATION View Post
you are not specific in here on what kind of anger do you have, but my opinion here is for you to find out what makes you angry, why? then if you cant really bit this challenge maybe you should see a doctor? nobody in here can tell you what pill is good for anger... positivity is the best pill...spirituallity...and a good doctor i guess.
anger is not a good feeling but dont forget you can control it, try to look for some piece of mind somewhere and think this anger over and find out if this anger is worth taking your time. , see if there is anything to do about...and more or less be specific when u post things like that...anger is a big word and could have many negative side effects.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:01 PM   #7
(female)

Amyb76 HB User
Re: What med is good for anger?

I find this to be a very interesting thread. I think some of the bipolar medicine I am on helps with anger, but I didn't know about the other contributing factors to anger.

Closed Thread