It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
(female)

Janna1 HB User
I need some advise please...

Hello im 23 yrs old and im realising that i have an anger problem, but im not sure. I took a quiz online to see if i needed help or not and my results were ¨you need help soon!!¨... I really didnt think i had any kind of anger problem but i been noticing that lately i have been getting mad with my partner for any little thing. We have been together for 8 yrs off and on. we brokeup 2 yrs ago cause all we did was argued. Now we are trying to work things out but im always getting angry at him. Theres been a few times that i have gotten so angry that im at a braking point, i cant control myself and all i want to do is realese my anger by hitting him, since we had gotten back together i havent touched him until yesterday, I slapt him! but everytime we have argued i feel like im trying so hard to not let my hand loose. i dont know how it happen yesterday casue is something i cant explain, it just happen and later i regret it!

Most of the times when i get angry i like to throw things, i dont know why that is, but what ever is next to me is going directly to the person im mad.. but is weird because is just with my partner that i get angry and get to this point. this is so weird, im a very calm girl, never had a fight in school, defetnely not a trouble maker, im a very friendly and nice person but when im anger with my partner i turn into someone else, i cant even sleep cause im so angry and i keep repeting in my head what ever it is that made me mad or something he said while arguing, which makes me even more mad, but i cant control not thinkin about it and letting it get to me.
PLEASE SOMEONE ADVISED ME ON WHAT TO DO...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2010, 10:03 PM   #2
(female)

HeavenSent4Love HB User
Re: I need some advise please...

You may need to call and talk with a shrink- before things do get out of hand even more than they have been. Do you get mad when things do not go your way with you loved one. Sounds like you would get mad and if something is said that you just do not like or if he does not do something you wanted him to do. If this is something you do go though and feel you do need to find someone to talk with before you really do end up hurting someone or yourself

Last edited by Administrator; 10-20-2010 at 01:43 PM.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
(female)

Janna1 HB User

Yes, I do get mad most of the times when things dont go my way. I cant help it. He tells me that im controlive and like things my way, but im always saying that this isnt true and i even believe it myself that this isnt tru,. But to be honest his right. like for example, If we planned to go somewhere thurs and im really excited about it and we end up not going cause he change his mind, oh boi, yes this gets me in a very bad mood. But this problem is just with him, another thing is that he has a very strong charecter too! but the diference is, he controls himself and tries to control me but it doesnt work. I just keep arguing n arguing and cry, Oh my god! I cry a lot! i dnt know if is a way of realesing anger or just hurt, cause i feel hurt when we argued. I cant find answer to was has been going on to me lately, i argued for insignificant things and later sometimes regret it. Is like anger mix with emotions, cause im such a emotional person, i cry about anything, something that he might say to me and it makes me feel hurt and all i do is cry.

Old 10-20-2010, 04:11 PM   #4
(male)

dan49 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janna1 View Post
Hello im 23 yrs old and im realising that i have an anger problem, but im not sure. I took a quiz online to see if i needed help or not and my results were ¨you need help soon!!¨... I really didnt think i had any kind of anger problem but i been noticing that lately i have been getting mad with my partner for any little thing. We have been together for 8 yrs off and on. we brokeup 2 yrs ago cause all we did was argued. Now we are trying to work things out but im always getting angry at him. Theres been a few times that i have gotten so angry that im at a braking point, i cant control myself and all i want to do is realese my anger by hitting him, since we had gotten back together i havent touched him until yesterday, I slapt him! but everytime we have argued i feel like im trying so hard to not let my hand loose. i dont know how it happen yesterday casue is something i cant explain, it just happen and later i regret it!

Most of the times when i get angry i like to throw things, i dont know why that is, but what ever is next to me is going directly to the person im mad.. but is weird because is just with my partner that i get angry and get to this point. this is so weird, im a very calm girl, never had a fight in school, defetnely not a trouble maker, im a very friendly and nice person but when im anger with my partner i turn into someone else, i cant even sleep cause im so angry and i keep repeting in my head what ever it is that made me mad or something he said while arguing, which makes me even more mad, but i cant control not thinkin about it and letting it get to me.
PLEASE SOMEONE ADVISED ME ON WHAT TO DO...
Please don't take anything wrong that I say here. First I had and still do to a point have an anger problem I have to remind my self every day about it to control the angry sometimes. I have went through many hrs of counseling for several years. I have taken anger mangement classes also. It cost me a marriage and many other things a long the way. That is why I decided to change for myself and family. I am not a perfessional just an average that had a serious anger problem. I have changed and I trust that you can to.

First off you have to recognize that you can control it no one else can. You own your anger unless you have a true mental disorder and even then you own that to. The only one or thing you do control is You. No one can do it for you. Yes anger is part of being human, but being angry for the most part is not needed, wanted or should be excepted and hardly even fixes things.

You say you throw things. well you made a concious effort to do that. Did it solve anything? Probably not and it only made the matter worse. Maybe it would have been better to take 30 minutes and clean house to relieve your angry, go jog, whatever it takes. Once again you own that action.

You need to find out what is the true source of your anger and a counselor can help you in that respect. Maybe it would only take minor concessions on each others part to solve the problem instead of arguing about it.

Take it one who has lost a lot due to anger and came out of it a better person when I decided to change. Take my advise with a grain of salt or do something for yourself. These types of actions we alwways have to look at ourselves and sometimes it is not pretty, but youcannot solve what first don't admit and go from there.

Good luck .

Old 10-20-2010, 04:23 PM   #5
(female)

Janna1 HB User

Yeah I guess I really do have an anger problem, is hard to accept it but yeah I do. Thanks for yours word and for taking the time to read my post. Im going to try to help myself, to pause and count to ten when i start getting angry. I hope this helps while i get some help from a profesional. I would really like to find out where this anger comes from cause i have been thru several thins in life and maybe is just fustration inside me that has accumulate, I dnt know, lets see how this goes. Again thanks! =)

Old 10-20-2010, 04:37 PM   #6
(male)

dan49 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janna1 View Post
Yeah I guess I really do have an anger problem, is hard to accept it but yeah I do. Thanks for yours word and for taking the time to read my post. Im going to try to help myself, to pause and count to ten when i start getting angry. I hope this helps while i get some help from a profesional. I would really like to find out where this anger comes from cause i have been thru several thins in life and maybe is just fustration inside me that has accumulate, I dnt know, lets see how this goes. Again thanks! =)
Finding where your anger comes from sometimes is hard. It could be something very broad in nature or very specific. Don't let the angry rule you, let yourself control the anger. MY anger came from I was always the one that had to protect the things or ones I loved. If I felt it was in danger I would get angry and the most I lost control of the situation the anger I had.

Counting to ten could work. If you need something physical erercise something. Sometimes at my house If I am getting angry I go dig a hole sounds stupid but hitting the dirt with the shovel releases that stress.

I have a talk with your friend and say look I get angry sometimes If I feel that way this is what I am going to do after say 30 minutes or so say you will sit down and talk about it with an open mind. Trust me it works.

Having fun is beeter than being angry.

Closed Thread