It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2010, 03:09 AM   #1
(male)

freak out HB User
Maybe this will help.

I suppose I have lots of reasons to be angry. Who hasn't. Its built up almost to a point of explosion. I'm like a volcano that blows a little off the top every now and again. I'm afraid of the big eruption. I could kill in that state. Probably a stranger or a co-worker. No real chance of hurting the one I love. I need positive sites and positive people in my corner. Maybe I've let this thing go too far. Maybe a stint in the can would be helpful. I'm not suicidal. I always believe in rebounding from ones woes. I should be happy. I should be mostly positive these days. I suppose I need to train my wayward brain to ignore. I grew up with this anger. It was bred into me from a volatile crew of people, blood relatives. I dont like it. I wish I was more diplomatic and not so abrupt.

In some ways I think I'd enjoy the big eruption, the look on peoples faces, the power that rises from within when I roar. It kind of excites me to challenge people and see them try to match me. Its then that I raise the stakes and take it to a whole new level. I dont know whether I can back down anymore and that is frightening. Most people back down from me. Its the ones that dont that could bring me to that absolutely manic level. Maybe it is destiny that I will meet my fate through my failure to control my anger.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:11 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Maybe this will help.

I believe that anger such as you are experiencing is protecting you by guarding a sea of hurt. Triggers which get too close to this cause the anger to spring like a fierce watchdog to stop you from feeling the pain. Appreciate what your anger does for you, and write everything down. You write well so you will find that you will expose patterns and triggers over time. This is very helpful. Write down what you feel, and try to relate the feeling to other times. It is surprising what can threaten your delicate balancing of anger and function. The aim of this work is to ultimately realise that you can face the feelings and deal with them, and retire the anger from duty. Sera

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
(male)

freak out HB User
Re: Maybe this will help.

Thanks for your insight. I'm certainly aware of the things that set me off. Avoiding them, I think, gives me a great chance of living a peaceful existence. Sadly these triggers are mostly work related and living way too close to other people, space concerns etc. I'm focused on changing all these things. I've almost accepted that I'm over emotional (courtesy of being sagitarian) but I can handle a certain amount of negative stimuli too. I just need to hang in there I suppose and use sites like this. Take care.

Closed Thread