It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
(female)

smalltowngirl20 HB User
Angry always mad

i live in a small town and dont have a physcyatrist or theripsts here we only have three docters...

i gave birth about two months ago and even before then i found myself exploding over the littlest things... my bf plays an online game and i see him add ppl he doesnt know like just character names to his friends list and im instently angry and cant even look at him ...even the most little things casue me to have a complete meltdown ...

we have a health unit that brings a mental health counsler to town everyonce in a while ...i went to see her a cupole times to try to sort through this but she is of no help i was more mad leaveing her then i was going in and im at least 12 hours away from a real therypst... but my dr up here says that all he can do is send me to her

and that accually make me more mad becasue i want to stop being mad over everything and i cant do it...when i get angry my bf and I will fight for hours and it gets no where i cant talk to anyone becasue i have no friends anymore because they all think im bi polar and dont want to be around me since there sick of hearing about my fights with my bf and being angry at everything when im with them ...

sometime i wont calm down for hours at a time and then after im calm something triggers it and im angry all over again...

ever since ive had my daughter ive been less angry then i was before and during my pregnacy but its starting to come back harder then ever

can someone out there give me some adivse becasue i cant afford to travel for therpy and i dont want to be put on meds beacsue i dont want my daughter to have to see me take them just so im not angry and think thats okay

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2011, 12:52 AM   #2
(female)

Julowe HB User
Re: always mad

My motto in life is to not expect anything from anyone. Don't expect your happiness to come from any other person. I am not saying that you do this, but i think it is a human trait to want others to do for them. The problem is when you do expect others to "make your day," you will get upset if they don't deliver. Contining to have high expectations will only continue to add to your anger.

Enjoy your little one at this stage. They don't stay little very long. Your anger will cloud your memory of the little miracle that you have.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl20 View Post
i live in a small town and dont have a physcyatrist or theripsts here we only have three docters...

i gave birth about two months ago and even before then i found myself exploding over the littlest things... my bf plays an online game and i see him add ppl he doesnt know like just character names to his friends list and im instently angry and cant even look at him ...even the most little things casue me to have a complete meltdown ...can someone out there give me some adivse becasue i cant afford to travel for therpy and i dont want to be put on meds beacsue i dont want my daughter to have to see me take them just so im not angry and think thats okay
I heard that mother who has new born baby in 2 months gets depression badly and if it goes too far, you may need medical help or medication. I think you can ask the doctor for help. They don't have to be psychiatrist to know this. Probably you had depression before and at this time you got worse because of the birth. Sometimes maybe you are depressed. Your bf may need to realize that you need his support instead of playing his own game...

For me, I find that if I read the bible like Psalm 23 or other pieces, it helps me to calm down. But I am a believer... God helps us deal with our enemies and rivals... Sometimes you may need to release some anger to the right place.
Anyway, I think you probably have depression.

Take care,
Nina

Old 05-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #4
(female)

Shimmey HB User

My dear you said some key things that only us women, mothers will pick up on and it is good you shared them. We ladies can talk about hormones with each other. You just had a baby. You mentioned your moods changed with and around your baby. Hormones greatly affect our thinking. Your young body is being hormonally slung around right now. I hate antidepressants and actually disagree with there use too. You still may need help. There very are mild bi-polar medications like the one I take for epilepsy/migraines. You might have to search this site and look up some things and accept a small amount of medication if you don't get to feeling better. They all have side effects, true. My hormones are so badly out of wack, they give me seizures so don't think hormones can be ignored. They can not. My daughter knows Mom takes medicine so she can drive a car. Your child will feel no shame if you take meds to help control what your hormones do to you. And chances are, you will get pass this. Remember if you can, calm....I really do know it is hard. Good luck to you and your baby. And from one country girl to another, do your research BEFORE you go to your local doctor, stand firm on your beliefs and don't let those local yocal clinic doctors force you on a bunch of crud or into stuff that makes you uncomfortable. It will be alright.

Closed Thread