It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2011, 08:42 AM   #1
(male)

Mr Dad HB User
what can I do about my anger?

I completely feel the same way as all of the people here that are experiencing what I am going thru. I am 34 and a father of 2 little girls, one is 4 and the other is 16 months. I too am having trouble with my anger. Im a ticking time bomb waiting to go off at any moment on a daily basis. God bless my wife and kids for standing by me while I struggle with this problem. I have done lots of research on my anger and most websites tell me its a hormone issue (manopause) lol, but at the age of 34 its a little early for hormone treatments. I love my family more than anything in the world just as all of the other people on this forum do but I need to find a way to stop this monster inside of me. I don't want to be a zombie on meds or a member of a group that feeds off of others issues but I am looking for a true genuine means to cure me. Just like alot of others here, there is just not enough hours in the day to make time for myself between work, school, kids swimming lessons, cooking, laundry, dishes, baths and bed. My wife works nights unfortunately so its kinda like being a single parent but thats not the case because she has her share of issues with the kids in the mornings while on mommy duty. I know finances is a big part of my issues as I feel I can't provide for my family the way the man of the house should. (Don't judge me for being old school) I was raised with good morals and somewhere along the way I have forgotten them. There isn't enough soul searching to help me with what i'm going thru. We (wife and myself) try to make time for ourselves but in the process of making plans we feel guilty about leaving the kids behind with someone else. Like this is our problem to deal with our kids not pawn them off on someone else to take care of while we go out and have fun. Back to my issue....every little thing sets me off, spilled milk, toys all over the house, dishes in the sink, piles of clothes, even my oldest going daddy can I ask you a question etc, etc. and I keep telling myself that I have 2 kids and the house will never be clean until they move out, but it doesn't work. I get so mad that my oldest covers her ears in fright and that just bothers the hell out of me. I don't want to be this person that I have become. Just a few years ago I was lucky enough to be the godfather of a friends little boy before his father past away and I can recall never being like that. What changed? What have I become since then? I know that I am a caring and understanding person but it's like Jeckyll and Hyde and all it takes is one little thing to make this monster comeout.

I don't think going to a doctor will be the best answer as they will want to push pills on me. I have a cousin who growing up was prescribed every pill on the market for depression, anxiety, anger etc. to the point that he is pretty much unable to care for himself or have much of a future. I've done the therapy thing for several years and although some of it helped most of it was just alot of money out the window.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Mr. Dad

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2011, 09:29 AM   #2
(female)

justamom11 HB User
Re: I'm so tired of being angry all the time, and my family is suffering

Yes, Mr. Dad, a lot of it is just stress, plain and simple. The best thing I ever tried was to say prayers every morning before I even rolled out of bed.

<removed>

I make it almost a game to start each day with a contest for myself to see how patient and gentle I can be that day. It sounds dumb, but it really works. Also, try to have fun with the kids and a sense of humor. Be like a kid yourself, and it will be hard to get mad.

< edited >

God bless you!

Anna

Last edited by Administrator; 06-17-2011 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Do not ask for or offer off-board contact.

The Following User Says Thank You to justamom11 For This Useful Post:
Mr Dad (06-14-2011)
Closed Thread