It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
(female)

jesseee HB User
Angry anger problems

hello im new to this and i have just recently turned 16, but for many years i would say my temper has been terrible and in the past year has grew even worse and it has now came to the point where i get angry over the slightest things and sometimes over nothing and when im in these tempers i do things which i am not proud of and always regret such as smashing everything up in my sight screaming pulling my hair and threatning everyone and sometimes even being violent towards others and even though i do regret what i do i cant seem to help myself from this im worrying that if my temper doesnt cool down i will end up going over board.. i know this is definitley not normal does anybody know if there is anything that could help me are if there would be anything wrong with me as i am very sick of being like this i just cant seem to help it, thank you.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
(female)

walkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB User
Re: anger problems

Well you need to figure out what your 'triggers' are. Usually it's something that reminds you of someone say your mother putting you down. Just an example. You can talk to a counselor because there are several techniques to control your anger. I had anger issues myself. I avoid my triggers.
I KNOW I can hurt someone if I wanted to which is why I am fine walking away. I could easily put someone in the hospital if not kill them. I know I could end up in jail. Been there done that. It's not worth it.
First of all, no one of the opposite sex will find that side of you attractive. That's over board.
There are breathing techniques, sometimes walking away will tear at your inner soul but you HAVE to do it. People get more pised off when you laugh it off. They'd rather get a reaction out of you.
When you react in anger you are allowing someone to control you like a puppet, remember that. It's something that you HAVE to practice everyday. Do not involve alcohol or drugs. You will be sure to end up in prison. No one else is worth it. Live YOUR life happy or as happy as you can make it. I'm almost fourty and I've come a long way. I still stay away from my triggers or keep my mouth shut. I am better then to allow someone to control my emotions. Best of luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2011, 04:31 PM   #3
(female)

jesseee HB User

thanks alot, i try walking away a lot but my anger seems to be very troubling and sometimes the isnt even a trigger i just get angry over nothing and its mostly over very small things but i get far to angry then i should and takes very long for me to calm down whenever i try to walk away from things i seem to see myself breaking things hitting my door or sitting in a corner crying and shaking and pulling at my hair which i find very worrying and dont see why i do it, i also seem to break down alot, but my main problem is most of the times when i get angry is over very little things such as not getting my own way or things not working how i want them to but many other things aswell, i really dont think my anger seems to be very normal could you suggest any other techniques that would help? i have tried sitting my self by my self all the time which i seem to get very lonely but it has calmed me down a slight bit. thanks

Old 06-30-2011, 04:45 PM   #4
(female)

walkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB User

Yoga, meditation, stay away from violent video games, prayers, try church (just a suggestion) find another way of life that isn't so full of hate. Your future can be bright if YOU want it to be.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:47 PM   #5
(female)

jesseee HB User

i do yoga on my wii fit doesnt seem to help much but i think my only option is to go see a counsellor thank you anyways

Old 07-01-2011, 08:11 AM   #6
(female)

renko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB User

I have anger problems too and have said and done somethings I feel awful for doing but I am learning to take a deep breath, close my eyes and relax myself inside because sometimes I just shake and get so frustrated. I stay away from toxic people who are critical or judgmental and I try to read or watch inspiring movies or true stories of how others have been positive in their lives. We all have choices and the one thing you need being so young is to talk to someone about your anger issues and why little things are bothering you. It could be hormones, feeling entitled to things, parent struggles, or a variety of things. I used to be really shy, withdrawn, isolated and felt sorry for myself. I felt invisible and not connected with others. You don't want to do anything you will regret for the rest of your life. Can you talk to your parents? If not, find a counselor or close friend and also see if you need medication because much of my issues where from a chemical imbalance and deep emotional hurt and anger. Don't isolate yourself. Talk to someone who will keep confidences and will listen to you. You are special.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:36 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

naturessand HB User

Teenage tempers and tempers are nothing new. All you need is a bit of patience. Whenever you feel angry, close your eyes, take a deep breath, and let it go as you count till 10. Mark my words, you'll feel a lot better.

Closed Thread