It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
(female)

sambko HB User
monthly cycle related to anger?

given I live with noisy neighbors in my apt. bldg and can't fall asleep when I want to... I was just doing some research and am thinking maybe my outbursts and anger are related to my woman's monthly cycle too.

PMDD is a severe form of premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
Like less severe forms of PMS, premenstrual dysphoric disorder follows a predictable, cyclic pattern.
Emotional symptoms are generally present, and in PMDD, mood symptoms are dominant.[5] Substantial disruption to personal relationships is typical for women with PMDD.[5] Anxiety, anger, and depression may also occur. The main symptoms, which can be disabling, include[6]
feelings of deep sadness or despair, possible suicide ideation
feelings of tension or anxiety
increased sensitivity to rejection or criticism
panic attacks
mood swings, crying
lasting irritability or anger, increased interpersonal conflicts; typically sufferers are unaware of the impact they have on those close to them
apathy or disinterest in daily activities and relationships
difficulty concentrating
fatigue
food cravings or binge eating
insomnia or hypersomnia; sleeping more than usual, or (in a smaller group of sufferers) being unable to sleep
feeling overwhelmed or feelings of being out of control
increase or decrease in sex drive
increased need for emotional closeness
Common physical symptoms include:
breast tenderness or swelling, heart palpitations, headaches, joint or muscle pain, swollen face and nose
an altered view of one's body - a sensation of 'bloating', feeling fat or actual weight gain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: monthly cycle related to anger?

Sure, it's possible that your anger is related. Hormones certainly affect mood.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:20 PM   #3
(female)

sambko HB User

thanks. I think I'm gonna get tested for PMDD you know, i was promoted and had to do my old assistant job in addition to my new job for 2 years, meanwhile, someone around the same age as me got the same promotion and was allowed to delegate from day one of her promotion. I am so ****** and once bitched at that girl !!!!! However I htink I have PMDD

Old 09-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User

Well, don't be too quick to want to blame it on PMDD. It sounds like your life has been very stressful and you feel your work situation has been unfair, so your being angry is a natural reaction.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
(female)

sirenbelle HB User
Smile Re: monthly cycle related to anger?

My PMS is pretty bad. Right before my period, I am calm and all the entire day but if something that is just minor irritating on a normal day; will actually trigger an angry outburst rather quickly during my PMS. Anyways, any medicine that I can take to help this? I already am doing meditation and listens to calming music to help but I think I really need to help my terrible mood swing during my PMS. Thanks in advance for anyone's advice.

Closed Thread