It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2012, 02:17 AM   #1
(female)

tiramiss HB User
I'm angry at my boyfriend all the time, and it's getting more often

I have been dating my boyfriend for more than 2 years, on and off. We broke up more than ten times. Most of the time he would be the one to break it off. It would be reasons like "I don't feel the same way for you anymore", "I don't love you" or "I don't think it's a good idea because we've been fighting about the same thing and if we are together nothing is gonna change"

But he's always the one to ask me to come back. And foolishly I always accept him back because I still love him and I'm in a vulnerable position. We always have problems about him hanging out with friends. Because he would be drinking so much with them when he doesn't have a lot of money. And he would be broke while being with me. And when he's drunk he's very disturbing. And I hate it.

Since the last time we broke up, he set rules...That I cannot hang out with him when he's with his friends (we had common friends) and that we have to keep our relationship a secret. He said it's because when more people know about it, it creates problem. From that point, I feel like I am angry about it and I can't do anything about it.

Now I am angry all the time, and its getting more often. I feel like everything is unfair for my part. Now I don't want him to hang out with his friends. I start to hate them. I feel like I am forced to be cornered. He says that I am selfish for not letting him hanging out with his friends...I know it's selfish when he says it like that but I feel like everything I have to accept, all the conditions, all the break ups, and his drunken habits...they made me this way...

I don't know what to do.

The following user gives a hug of support to tiramiss:
Phoenix (06-27-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2012, 04:26 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: I'm angry at my boyfriend all the time, and it's getting more often

Of course you feel angry, anyone would who was being manipulated like this. Normal boyfriends do not treat their partners like this. He is placing all the responsibility for his bad behaviour on you, and making you out to be the villain. He only runs after you when you break up so he can have his puppet back (also, I suspect when he wants easy sex again). By staying you are telling him "Go on, treat me like cr@p, it is all I deserve". Give him the boot and get a guy who treats you like a human being. Sera

The Following User Says Thank You to Seraph For This Useful Post:
Mokhjn Mththo (06-28-2012)
Old 06-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Hello tiramiss and welcome,albeit under these situations.

You love him and that's not something that you can turn on and off like a light switch.

You are becoming more angry and that's not good;not at all.
I believe that you need some time apart.This will provide you with the opportunity of seeing the relationship for what it truly is.

Here's the thing though....if you're goig to leave or what have you,this must be done with both feet on the ground.
The word Maybe cannot be in your vocabulary
here.Break the cycle now;the longer you procrastinate,the more difficult leaving will be.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Old 06-28-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
(male)

NeckIssueGuy HB UserNeckIssueGuy HB UserNeckIssueGuy HB UserNeckIssueGuy HB UserNeckIssueGuy HB User

Phoenix is right the longer you procrastinate,the more difficult leaving will be. He could get violent if this keeps going this way BE CAREFUL!!!

You have to get away while you have a chance, if he really loves you he will change his ways it is totally unacceptable to be treated that way. nothing good will come of it no matter how much you love him, Happiness is not hiding your relationship, that there tells me he wants to keep the field open to explore more possibilities. The drinking part some people grow out of it, some won't you have to use the best judgement here.
you know the if you love something set it free deal right, try it with conditions of respect and no idiotic rude behavior while drinking, or no drinking as some people cant handle alcohol and ruin everything around them. don't let him ruin you. It is impossible to change a person and if you don't like it find you the man that will treat you with the respect you deserve.
Take care and good luck

Closed Thread

Tags
rage