It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #1
(female)

ScarletBallerin HB User
Help?

I grew up with an abusive, passive aggressive mother. I was always calm growing up, and dealt with her, and she stopped these ways about a year and a half ago. But since then, I've noticed myself getting angry with her.

(She is the most stupid and ignorant person I know, and due to her awful childhood, she has a habit of pretending that anything bad in the world doesn't exist.) But this has been getting on my nerves so badly, and I've recently started yelling at her, a lot. And though I've never physically hurt her, it's getting really hard to control myself when dealing with her. I can't stand being near her.

I don't love her, I never have. But now that I'm nasty towards her, I'm starting to feel super guilty about it, and I spend almost every night crying from the guilt that comes from the knowledge that I hate her. And I don't know how much longer I can deal with that pain.

How can I control myself and stop being so angry with her?

Last edited by ScarletBallerin; 10-06-2012 at 01:47 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to ScarletBallerin:
Lollypat (10-06-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
(female)

Lollypat HB User
Re: Help?

There is no easy fix. Passive aggressive all by itself is hard to deal with; abuse just makes it that much harder.

You don't mention your age, but my advice would be to find a good, board-certified psychologist to talk to about your feelings. They are real feelings and deserve attention and resolution. It will feel so much better not to have all that anger and hate in your life.

Find someone qualified to help you and don't wait. If you don't have insurance, seek out counseling that is based on sliding scale.

Take care of you, and hugs from me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread