It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #16
(female)

helpmeasap HB User
Re: help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeleft View Post
So kind of you stupid feet. I am also concerned and will be here a bit longer tonight. I will also check back in tomorrow. We are here to help you, so please know that we are on your side, and will be here for you to talk and come up with other ideas on how you can feel better, OK?

Janet
I wanna die. Why am I still alive? I'm worthless in this world so why am I here?

Old 10-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #17
(female)

Stupid feet HB UserStupid feet HB UserStupid feet HB UserStupid feet HB UserStupid feet HB User

Can you look into going to the medical facility on campus? If not on campus, I'm sure there's places around Dearborn that offer free mental health treatment.
You are not a child, you're 17, I'm pretty sure that you can be treated on campus without your family ever knowing and it may even be free or very little. Please check in to it, ok?
Why do you think your family doesn't care? Did you have a rough childhood? I'm really sorry you feel so alone. I hope you know that you're not. You have writeleft and me here for you. Why don't yu go see a movie or something tonight? I hear "Pitch perfect" is hysterical!
A good laugh would do wonders for you. Keep in touch!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #18
(female)

Stupid feet HB UserStupid feet HB UserStupid feet HB UserStupid feet HB UserStupid feet HB User

I didn't see your last reply until after I sent the last post. You are not worthless! Why would you want to die? You're only 17. You are just now starting a brand new life. If its your family, you don't have to be with them if you don't want to when you turn 18. It seems like things seem so much worse in your teens. As you get older, you will learn ways to cope with
Life that you don't have now. You are in the position now to make new friends and start a brand new life! Please don't give up! I'm sure your family loves you, even if it doesn't seem like it all the time. Is there really nobody you can talk to? Your sisters? Please take time and look at all the good in your life! You're in college, that's the best years of a lot of people's lives. Go out, make some friends, but please, please find a way to get to a doctor. You can even say you are sick, get your mom/family to take you to the doctor and talk to them about what you're feeling. The doctor will be glad you did it and so will you! I'm pretty sure the doctor won't tell your mom/family. You will be soooo much better if you can get to the doctor! I promise!!

Old 10-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #19
(female)

Hey, how are you? Haven't heard from you. Just so you know, I'm thinking of you & hope you're ok.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #20
(female)

helpmeasap HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid feet View Post
Hey, how are you? Haven't heard from you. Just so you know, I'm thinking of you & hope you're ok.
Thank you so much! I know I should see a doctor and I understand why u would give me that advice but I can't and I hope you can understand tht. Is there anything I can do myself alone with no ones help?

Old 10-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #21
(female)

Can I ask you why you can't see a doctor? I wish there was something I could say to help you. Do some Internet research and see if there's some kind of vitamin that naturally helps mood or depression.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #22
(female)

helpmeasap HB User

Quote:
Can I ask you why you can't see a doctor? I wish there was something I could say to help you. Do some Internet research and see if there's some kind of vitamin that naturally helps mood or depression.
Ok, This is my story. In my house we are practically on lockdown, were not allowed to go out unless it's with the family and we hate going out with my dad so if we do it's only 1s every 2 weeks or even a month. To get myself out of this annoyingness I love to shop, so I would do it online but my allowance is only 20$ a month and they finish in a day so I'm always broke. Depression doesn't exist in my culture...if tht even makes any sence. If I say I'm suffering depression everyone will laugh at me. I don't drive so my dad takes me and brings me back from school, but school isn't an option if I only take 2 classes Monday's and Wednesday's and 1 class tues and thurs so I have to lie to my parents even abt tht. I have a 4 hr break and the school is so small that I just sit on a chair the whole time cuz I have no car to sneak and go out. I have no friends to talk to..at all and my sisters and brother have been ******* me off so bad. Like today I told my sisters to make up an excuse of y they are going out and come pick me up from school so we an hang out. Instead, they used tht excuse when I came home from school only for themselves so they went out while I slept! I'm still sooo mad at them and they don't even care! My bro lives in Indiana but wen he came here for 2 days I wanted to hang out with him so I told him to pick me up secretly during my break and he said he would but wen the day came, he didn't and wen I came home he didn't explain himself and later tht day he went back to Indiana without saying bye. I asked my sis and she said he came up with so many diff excuses of y he doesn't want to.. Wen he called 1 day and I picked up the phone I was a little over it and instead he yelled at me because I was telling him to hire his voice since I couldn't here him. Thts basically all I got for now so u see how I'm so alone and unhappy and y I need this. If u have any other ques pls feel free to ask.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #23
(female)

I wish I had a magic cure for you. Can I ask what nationality your family is?
Try to do things, even at home, that you enjoy. You can "window shop" online if that makes you happy. Are you sure there isn't a medical clinic at school you could visit during your 4 hours in between classes? I'm so sorry your parents don't see depression as a real disease.
Try and make some friends at school, I'm sure you can if you make a effort. You can be out of your house when you're 18. Can you get a part time job and start saving some money?
Keep in touch!

Old 10-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #24
(female)

helpmeasap HB User

Quote:
Try to do things, even at home, that you enjoy. You can "window shop" online if that makes you happy. Are you sure there isn't a medical clinic at school you could visit during your 4 hours in between classes? I'm so sorry your parents don't see depression as a real disease.
Try and make some friends at school, I'm sure you can if you make a effort. You can be out of your house when you're 18. Can you get a part time job and start saving some money?
Keep in touch!
I really appreciate Ur help and time thank u so much it means alot! What is window shopping? We don't have a medical clinic at our school and my sister is with me all day anyway. It's hard to make friends because I don't know anybody that is like me, theyre mostly over respectful since I'm different and some are racist but I like it there anyway, nothing against them I love their personality and kindness but I feel like theyre too respectful and I want to be around ppl tht accept me for who I am and let me be comfortable around them, I just want to be treated normal even though I l

Old 10-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #25
(female)

helpmeasap HB User

Quote:
Keep in touch!
I really appreciate Ur help and time thank u so much it means alot! What is window shopping? We don't have a medical clinic at our school and my sister is with me all day anyway. It's hard to make friends because I don't know anybody that is like me, theyre mostly over respectful since I'm different and some are racist but I like it there anyway, nothing against them I love their personality and kindness but I feel like theyre too respectful and I want to be around ppl tht accept me for who I am and let me be comfortable around them, I just want to be treated normal even though I love the school, very professional and everything and the ppl are so nice too nice, I just wanna fit in. Anyway moving out at 18 isn't an option here, my sis is almost 26 and she still lives with us, in my culture u have to get married to move out and dating isn't an option either, it's usually arranged and u do get time to get to know him but its still not the same. I do wanna meet my man along time be4 marriage. Cross my fingers. I've never been with a guy so Idk.
Working is ok in most families but in mine my parents don't work cuz dad just had a kidney transplant and my sis won't give her check to my dad so he said none of us are allowed to work.. I've never had a job. u might not have the power to help me but Ur prayers will do me good. Im Arab. I hope I'm not sending a bad message of Arabs cuz it's not really like this for most ppl I mean in every culture there are the strict parents. I know I'll find my way & ill live on hope.

Last edited by helpmeasap; 10-26-2012 at 11:10 PM.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #26
(female)

I would never think bad of your culture, that's who you are
Window shopping is shopping but not buying... Pretend you have a endless amount of money, go online and look at everything you would buy. Put together outfits, shoes, accessories and a extremely expensive bag, but just for fun. Maybe write it all down, add it up and see how much you could spend if you could. It would pass the time and daydreaming can be fun. I'm just so sorry you are going through this and there's nothing you think you can do to get help. Maybe you could buy some books on happiness, that might help. Keep in touch and please, keep your head up. It will all work out for you!

Old 10-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #27
(female)

helpmeasap HB User

Quote:
I would never think bad of your culture, that's who you are
Window shopping is shopping but not buying... Pretend you have a endless amount of money, go online and look at everything you would buy. Put together outfits, shoes, accessories and a extremely expensive bag, but just for fun. Maybe write it all down, add it up and see how much you could spend if you could. It would pass the time and daydreaming can be fun. I'm just so sorry you are going through this and there's nothing you think you can do to get help. Maybe you could buy some books on happiness, that might help. Keep in touch and please, keep your head up. It will all work out for you!
It means so much to me tht I finally found that one person that will listen, give me great advice, and care. Thank you so much for showing me wat my own family and environment tht I'm surrounded by couldnt show me. I feel like nothing will ever work because when I watch a movie, read a book or even look at things tht I luv but can't afford, I start feeling bad for myself and it hurts more thn just sitting and doing nothing. This is how life was meant to be for me, I have no way of changing it. I wish I can meet someone that will make me forget my misery, tht will love and respect me so much, make me so happy that happiness becomes my biggest problem. I wish this world was full of peace and equality were there was no cruelty. I wish life has better plans for me in my coming future & wishing alone for myself makes me greedy so I wish great health and wealth to everyone with all gods blessings. May this world give me just 1 day of joy were I can say tht was the day if my life. Can u believe tht I've nor ever had a good day. I honestly sit here and try to think posive but nothing good ever happened to me in the past so I hope and pray fir the future. I can't thank u enough for supporting and being here with me during my tough times.

Closed Thread