HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Anger Management (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/anger-management/)
-   -   help me (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/anger-management/924403-help-me.html)

helpmeasap 10-23-2012 10:25 PM

help me

I am new here, i only made this account because i really feel like i need help! i hate everyone, the smallest thing makes me mad, and i have the worst memory. i dont have any friends because my ex best friend blew me off and i cant stand anyone anymore, i can barely stand my family. im always mad and constantly full of anger. i need help. i havent seen a doctor for this or even told anyone. i did tell my sis tht i hate everyone but her response was like its just a phase. i dont feel this way! i hate being this way! i hate who i am and everything and everyone im surrounded by! please no mean comments, i have enough.

writeleft 10-23-2012 10:44 PM

Re: help me

help me,

I am so glad you chose to come here to seek some help for your anger issues. That was a great choice, and I hope you feel welcome and wanted here.

I hope you will find others who have gone through what you are struggling with now, and learn what they have done to help themselves through this difficult period of your life.

May I ask you a few questions to understand a little more about you?

[I]First of all, how long have you felt this way, and did it appear all at once, or slowly ever time?[/I]

[I]Was there an event that happened that seemed to trigger this emotion, any thing new in your life that happened around the same time>[/I]

For many of us, anger is based on hurt. When we feel angry, we feel it because we feel like our needs are not being met. Is there some injustice behind all this? When we do not feel like we have the tools on which to make a difference,

I hope to hear back from you, and we can help you figure this thing out. It is always easier to look at the whole picture to find the best way to fix it.

Best to you.
Janet

Stupid feet 10-23-2012 10:44 PM

Honey, please see a doctor. If you we're given the right medication, you would feel so much better. Don't live your life like this another day. You will find happiness and start to like everyone again. Even a therapist that you can talk to can help you understand why you feel this way and give you the tools to help it stop.

helpmeasap 10-23-2012 11:12 PM

Thank you. I've always been this
Person that would do alot just to make someone happy, I was never the "mean" girl but I handled alot so I think I might be releasing it all at once. I've always hated my father, and it was always hard for me to make friends and when I finally had a best friend, she blew me off. I'm only 17, my first year in college and I shouldnt be feeling this angry with the rest of the world. Now I'm constantly mad, always fighting with my sisters and hating on EVERYONE! I know I need help I hate this feeling! Do you happen to know of any way I can solve this problem?

helpmeasap 10-23-2012 11:16 PM

[QUOTE=Stupid feet;5077578]Honey, please see a doctor. If you we're given the right medication, you would feel so much better. Don't live your life like this another day. You will find happiness and start to like everyone again. Even a therapist that you can talk to can help you understand why you feel this way and give you the tools to help it stop.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to go on medication, and I don't want the rest of my family to know so I can't see a doctor. Is there anyway I can solve this on my own?! I swear my heart is aching, I can barely stand myself. :'(

writeleft 10-23-2012 11:24 PM

Yes, there is definatly help available to get you through this period. As the previous posted said, you do not have to feel this way! You do need to see a doctor who can get you the help you need.

Do you have access to medical services, either through your college or privately? You mention issues with your father, but can you seek medical advice with your mothers help? You will eventually need to be treated by a psychologist or psychiatrist, but you can receive a referral from any doctor. Even you campus clinic would be a good starting place.

Do not wait though, this is something I would encourage you to do as soon as possible. I am very happy you chose to reach out for help, you deserve to be happy and enjoying this part of your life.

Feel free to post, we are glad you are here!

Janet

Stupid feet 10-23-2012 11:26 PM

Do you have someone, maybe a councelor at school? That you can talk to? Sometimes, just talking to someone who is non judgmental and not a family member or friend (so you can say everything and anything to them and not be judged) will help so much! You are so young and have so much to to accomplish. You said you just started school, are you living away from home? It may help to get away from your family for a bit. Find someone you can trust talking to, I think it will help you a lot!

writeleft 10-23-2012 11:28 PM

I am sorry, I missed the last part of your post about wanting to solve this on your own...

I promise you, your parents would want to know that you are hurting this badly.

Anyway, medical services are completely confidential.

What you are experiencing is far to complicate to cure yourself, You need a trained professional to understand what is going on with you.

Please stay with us until you figure this out , OK?

writeleft 10-23-2012 11:35 PM

Please be reminded, that there is absolutely no shame in feeling like you are, and seeking help for it. There are great medication out there to help you manage all this, and again, no shame is taking medication when you need it.

I have health issues myself that require me to take 17 pills per day, My life depends on it, and that is more important that anything to me. I am happy it is available to anyone who needs it.

There are a lot of free services available for anger issues, support groups, classes, etc. If you want to take care this yourself, you must commit to doing the very best job you can, because it is your life and you are worth it.

Janet

Stupid feet 10-23-2012 11:37 PM

I have to go to bed now but I will check on you in the morning. Try to think about why you get so angry, what makes you feel mad at your sisters, friends, etc.
depression isn't always laying in bed, not wanting to do anything & crying. It is a lot of different symptoms. I wonder if you are suffering from it. It's nothing at all to be embarrassed about. So many people suffer and when they find the right doctor and possibly medicine, it completely changes their lives :) ill check on you tomorrow, get some rest and know that people care!

writeleft 10-23-2012 11:51 PM

So kind of you stupid feet. I am also concerned and will be here a bit longer tonight. I will also check back in tomorrow. We are here to help you, so please know that we are on your side, and will be here for you to talk and come up with other ideas on how you can feel better, OK?

Janet

helpmeasap 10-24-2012 10:01 AM

[QUOTE=Stupid feet;5077604]I have to go to bed now but I will check on you in the morning. Try to think about why you get so angry, what makes you feel mad at your sisters, friends, etc.
depression isn't always laying in bed, not wanting to do anything & crying. It is a lot of different symptoms. I wonder if you are suffering from it. It's nothing at all to be embarrassed about. So many people suffer and when they find the right doctor and possibly medicine, it completely changes their lives :) ill check on you tomorrow, get some rest and know that people care![/QUOTE]

Thank you so much! I highly appreciate ur Caring. I'm currently at school. But that's the thing I sleep most of the time to try and escape this world. So even though I wake up early I will force myself to go back to sleep and thats all I do. School and sleep. I think there might be a chance of depression because I did do some research of symptoms and I literally think I have every symptom. Thank you again for trying to help it means alot because no one else was actually there when I needed them so thank you soo much!!

helpmeasap 10-24-2012 10:04 AM

[QUOTE=writeleft;5077609]So kind of you stupid feet. I am also concerned and will be here a bit longer tonight. I will also check back in tomorrow. We are here to help you, so please know that we are on your side, and will be here for you to talk and come up with other ideas on how you can feel better, OK?

Janet[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it because I do really need this! So thank you!

Stupid feet 10-24-2012 01:11 PM

Is it a pretty day there? It's beautiful in the wash, DC area. Why don't you go for a walk?
I'm certainly not a doctor but it really sounds like you're suffering from depression.
Please, please see a doctor! You won't believe how much it helps to get on the right medication. You're life would be completely different. Why wouldn't you want your family to know you were seeing a doctor? Depression is a disease, the same as any other disease that needs a doctors care. Does your family look at depression as a weakness? Please let me know what you think.

helpmeasap 10-24-2012 03:19 PM

[QUOTE=Stupid feet;5077902]Is it a pretty day there? It's beautiful in the wash, DC area. Why don't you go for a walk?
I'm certainly not a doctor but it really sounds like you're suffering from depression.
Please, please see a doctor! You won't believe how much it helps to get on the right medication. You're life would be completely different. Why wouldn't you want your family to know you were seeing a doctor? Depression is a disease, the same as any other disease that needs a doctors care. Does your family look at depression as a weakness? Please let me know what you think.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the whether is nice here in dearborn michigan but I'd rather stay in, take a nap. And yeah they certainly would look at it as a weakness and if they cared im pretty sure they would of noticed. I don't want there help, if i did I wouldn't me on here asking random people that seem to care more then anyone I have ever known. The thing abt a doctor is I need a parent cuz im 17 and I don't even drive yet so I can't even go alone.