It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
(male)

watsonofville2 HB User
The cost of not controlling your emotions...

Expressing rage at members of your family when it isn't deserved harms not only them but also yourself and every other aspect of your life. Four years ago, I lived with my youngest sister, her fiance, and one other roommate. She and her fiance would always leave the messes they made in the house; leaving it up to me or our roommate to clean them up. I couldn't accept having our roommate bear the unfair burden, so I cleaned up after these two everyday. After only two months of living with them, I started looking for another place to live because I was tired of them blatantly ignoring my requests to clean up after themselves. After I secured my new apartment, as I was moving my belongings into my truck to take over into my new place, I viciously chastised my little sister and her fiance, calling them all sorts of slurs and names as I wanted to somehow get back at them for their disrespecting me. I really laid it on them hard and I haven't spoken to my youngest sister since that day. The result from that is that now I have a rift with my youngest sister to this day and it puts unfair strain on the rest of my entire family because they now have to interact with me and my youngest sister separately. Also, she now doesn't want to attempt reconnecting with me as she's scared that by interacting with me again she'll eventually receive the same rage from me again. For those out there who tend to explode their frustrations out on others like I did, especially on family members, please think through it instead of unleashing your emotions. I know it's harder for some people more than others to hold back strong feelings like that; especially when they've been rightfully provoked, but it's not worth the outcome. Be the stronger person and deal with the problem in a relaxed, comfortable, clear manner. You'll be thankful you did, proud, and happier as a result. Think of it this way: you are worth being happier and having a better life. You can do it. Trust me, it's worth it and you'll be better at dealing with life's inevitable future problems. Best wishes and best of luck to you all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread