It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2004, 10:25 PM   #1
(female)

Summer_Lovin HB User
angina?heart related?

Hi

I'm a 16 yr old female and for the last few weeks/months I have been having left arm pain that comes and goes.The pain usually starts at the shoulder and extends down to the hand/finger region. When I have these arm pains they usually last 3-30 minutes and I notice that *sometimes* moving around helps it. It is not a numbness or tingling pain. The pain is more like a sore achy feeling.

Anyways what I keep thinking is angina! because I have read that when some people have angina they don't have to have chest pain at the same time. They can just have a sore arm. The pain that I have usually happens at night. I am left handed so maybe this could contribute to the pain? I think though, what if it is angina.

So anyways I was wondering does this sound like angina?Am I too young to have something like this or can it happen at any age?Also does anyone have experience with angina-with arm pain and what did it feel like?

Once in a while I do get chest pain which lasts for maybe like 2 seconds and I have been told by doctors and read that it is nothing to worry about.

Thank-you in advance

P.S this may sound wierd but I also notice that somtimes I get it when I lie down at night and somehow that lying on my left arm(the one that gets the pain)feels way better then lying on the other side

Last edited by Summer_Lovin; 01-19-2004 at 10:27 PM.

Old 01-20-2004, 07:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User
Re: angina?heart related?

No that is not angina. You are worrying too much, and "researching" too much. You need a therapist, not a cardiologist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2004, 07:09 PM   #3

Natasha1981 HB User
Re: angina?heart related?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Lovin
Hi

I'm a 16 yr old female and for the last few weeks/months I have been having left arm pain that comes and goes.The pain usually starts at the shoulder and extends down to the hand/finger region. When I have these arm pains they usually last 3-30 minutes and I notice that *sometimes* moving around helps it. It is not a numbness or tingling pain. The pain is more like a sore achy feeling.

Anyways what I keep thinking is angina! because I have read that when some people have angina they don't have to have chest pain at the same time. They can just have a sore arm. The pain that I have usually happens at night. I am left handed so maybe this could contribute to the pain? I think though, what if it is angina.

So anyways I was wondering does this sound like angina?Am I too young to have something like this or can it happen at any age?Also does anyone have experience with angina-with arm pain and what did it feel like?

Once in a while I do get chest pain which lasts for maybe like 2 seconds and I have been told by doctors and read that it is nothing to worry about.

Thank-you in advance

P.S this may sound wierd but I also notice that somtimes I get it when I lie down at night and somehow that lying on my left arm(the one that gets the pain)feels way better then lying on the other side
You're way tooooo young for angina! But anything is possible. If you had angina you're more likely to have chest pain than left arm pain. The pain starts in the chest and then radiates to the neck, jaw and left arm.

Have you asked your doctors about your concerns? Your doctor may perform some tests, such as an ECG, exercise test, blood work, etc,. But it is detectable and can be kept under control.

But honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Closed Thread