It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2004, 08:08 AM   #1

Kitty51 HB User
Smile Unstable angina

I'm new to these boards but I have a question and I would appreciate some responses. Can anyone explain what happens to you when you have gotten attacks of unstable angina. Does the pain happen only when you are resting on the couch, sleeping etc.and what type of pain is it. Any other symptoms come with teh attacks? I don't want to get into why I'm asking but it sure would help if you can tell me what it feels like and exactly when it happens. Also does it come and go for a few days then disappear

Thank you so much for your replys in advance I will say that I have this happen at night when I'm falling asleep, I get this pain in the middle of my breast, dead center, feels like a deep pain in the rib right above the stomach. I have soo many other muscular problems and neuropathys and would like some input on the type of pain it causes. It does happen when i'm laying on the couch and trying to sleep but not when I'm sitting relaxed watching tv. If I sit up it goes away seems to happen when I'm drifting off to sleep, doesn't wake me during the night.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2004, 09:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

CobaltBlue HB User
Re: Unstable angina

Kitty:

Stable angina is pain brought about by known activities (predictable) such as if I were to say "everytime I run fast, I get angina in my left arm again." As the disease progresses, then you can develop unstable angina, which means you still angina upon exertion, but now it comes and goes at rest. True, that is when it gets dangerous.

You said that you get the pain in your chest, but it gets better when you sit up. Good news is that angina does not disappear from movement like that. If anything, an increase in heartrate will place more demand on the heart muscle, leading to a demand for more oxygen while the flow in the coronary arteries will be limited. Net result is increased angina.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread