It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2004, 11:24 AM   #1

Tony1 HB User
Still having chest tightness/ symptoms of cad or angina?

My chest tightness and pressure are still with me going on eight weeks. I am curious about the signs of angina or coronary artery disease when you do have symptoms. I am really considering a thallium test although my cardiologist didn't think it was necessary. I have had 3 ekgs, chest xray, blood tests to rule out heart attack, and an exercise stress test. I am 35, high cholesterol and used to smoke a pack or two a week for about 8 years. I have chronic almost constant chest tightness. Sometimes not that noticeable unless I think about it which I do 24/7. It is more pronounced with a deep breath and even more so if I hold my breath and stretch my ribcage out some at the same time. It is not made worse with exercise meaning if it isn't that bad if I get on the stairmaster and do 20 - 30 minutes of continuous exercise it does not get worse at all. Is it possible to do strenuous exercise with angina or cad and not have any chest symptoms or problems? My teeth have been aching. Sometimes and mostly the top teeth and then sometimes the bottom. This is off and on without or during exercise. I have had this teeth ache in the past associated with headaches. I have sharp upper back pain all over but mostly around my shoulder blade. If I rub that area it hurts. If you had angina or a blocked artery pain in your back would you be able to rub on it and feel exactly where it hurts. If I pinch up the skin in this area it is very sore where other spots on my back are not while doing the same thing. During my visit w/ cardiologist I was having chest tightness and some teeth aching and he did an ekg that was normal. I need to add that I have very bad anxiety and panic attack/disorder. Does this sound like cad or angina?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2004, 05:28 AM   #2
Inactive

zip2play HB User
Re: Still having chest tightness/ symptoms of cad or angina?

No, Tony, it doesn't.

It sounds most like a chest wall inflammation. Try a week with 4 or 6 (better) aspirin a day and see if most of the symptoms go away.
Do some gently rib cage expanding excercises...pullovers, or even chin-ups...maybe just hanging by your arms a couple minutes a day.

Old 02-26-2004, 07:07 PM   #3

Tony1 HB User
Re: Still having chest tightness/ symptoms of cad or angina?

I have tried stretching. And although I keep hoping it is chest wall inflamation I can't find any sore spots by rubbing it to confirm this diagnosis. I just ran 1.5 miles and walked quickly another 3 with no problems but I can't help thinking something is seriously wrong becuase it won't clear up. My anxiety seems to be getting worse over the whole situation.

Closed Thread