It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2004, 09:08 AM   #1

smti HB User
Is it possible to have angina at 16?

Hi I am 16 years old and for the past few months I've been having pains in my chest, and in my left arm. Sometimes these pains can last a long time and sometimes just a short while. The pains I get can happen at anytime but most of the time they happen at night. I've been to the doctor several times and told him my symptoms which include pain in my chest, arm and sometimes jaw and back shoulder. I currently take medication for Acid Reflux. I've also been to a cardio. doctor and have had an EKG and ECG which turned up nothing. I finally got so mad that the doctors turned up nothing I did research myself and found my symptoms match those of angina (pains in arm chest, back, etc.) I've also found that my pains happen more during the cold/or even hot days and after large meals. When I've been to the doctor they've also noticed high blood preasure readings so is it possible I have some form of Angina? My doctor things I am having Esphigical spasms but I don't buy it.

Help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-17-2004, 12:11 PM   #2

KShortie HB User
Cool Re: Is it possible to have angina at 16?

Angina is usually caused from blockage of the main coronary arteries. This would be high unusual at your age. If you have went to a reputable doctor and he can't find anything wrong with your heart then it probably is gastroesophageal problems. The easiest way to determine this is to take Tagamet or Zantac or Pepcid, or even Tums when you start having the pain. If the pain subsides in a reasonable amount of time it was GE problems.

Just because you continue to have pain does not make the doctor wrong in his diagnosis. Relax. Try to enjoy the rest of your summer. If something truly was wrong with your heart it will make itself known in a very definite manner.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread