It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2005, 02:45 PM   #1
(male)

samtickle HB User
angina with my menopausal hot flushes?

I have had fairly likely diagnosis of coronary heart disease following +ve stress ecg (2.5 mm downsloping ST depression before 6 mins - test stopped soon after - and carrying on for 9 minutes in recovery) due to starting with angina like chest pains a few months ago. I am awaiting angiogram. Age 54, familial hyperlipidemia, mother had heart attack at 62.

My angina has been coming on with exertion and fading after a few minutes. I gave up on HRT a year ago and have had hot flushes for a few months. In recent week or so I have started having chest pain when I have a hot flush. I know that one's heart rate increases when one has a hot flush. Could this be enough to actually bring on the angina? It really is a squeezing pain very like the angina that exercise brings on. Weird. Then it fades in a few minutes as the hot flush fades. It is getting to a point where it is decidedly uncomfortable.

Presumably if this is CHD then one can expect it to worsen and be triggered by lesser things. I should have my angiogram in a month or thereabouts.

Has any other lady experienced this?

Old 01-24-2005, 03:31 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

NineLives HB User
Re: angina with my menopausal hot flushes?

Is it possible that it's not actually menopause related and maybe more heart related? I was only 41 when my disease was diagnosed and althought I had a partial hysterectomy I don't believe I was in menopause however I know that some of the angina I had made me wonder if it wasn't hormone related because it would come and go at different points in the month.
If you get real uncomfortable from the chest pain I wouldn't wait too long to get to a doctor. A month seems a long time to be waiting for your angiogram with the symptoms you are describing. Is the pain ever coming on at rest ? My pain at first came on with exertion but as time went on it was coming on when I was just sitting or standing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread