It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2005, 08:02 PM   #1

WB HB User
Herpangina????

Hi everyone, I just have a question has any adult had this infection. I now it is common among childrens, but I'm 26 and I have it, well according to my Doctor atleast. The only thing that is bugging me is that I get irritation felling in my abdominial area when ever I drink a juice or eat something, even sometime when I strech or take a depth breath. I know that there is no antibiotics for this, I have to let my body fight it off on its own. My doc did perscribe a 3 items to mix and use as mouth wash to help numb my mouth so that I could eat. The only thing that suck is that the irritation is the only thing that his not letting me eat know. I have drank Mylanta, taken Tums but it does not help. Any suggestion? If anyone has gone through this it would really help me and relax my nerves to here you replys. Thank You,..............

Old 02-23-2005, 04:30 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User
Re: Herpangina????

I had never heard of this virus till I read your pist so I after reading it I researched it. All I have read said that the illness is characterised by intense sore throat, and fever; it lasts several days. It is contagious via saliva and airborne droplets. The herpangina virus can be spread by saliva and mouth-to-mouth contact, as well as by contact with an infected person's stools Treatment is supportive - treat the fever, give fluids and don't worry about solids for a few days.

Says to properly wash your hands so to help prevent the disease from being spread to other people. Good news is that it will pass in a few days............ or so the info I read did.

Jenteal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2005, 09:03 AM   #3
(female)

trisht HB User
Unhappy Re: Herpangina????

I can't really say that I know much about this virus, but I do know one thing: as a caregiver, I wish when parents knew that there child was, they would keep them at home. Right now, we only have one case and the poor child was miserable, i know that the coxsackie virus is what causes it which is the same virus that causes hand-foot-mouth disease. I know that when that went through the daycare all it took was one sick child and it spread like brush-fire! I had also gotten that virus which was a huge strain on our daycare being short one person as some of you daycare professionals might be able to sympathize with. What is this thing really? is it as contagious as hand-foot-mouth? how can i try to protect the other children?

Closed Thread