It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2005, 12:40 AM   #1
(female)

Folksoul HB User
GERD mimicing angina?

Hi, I've heard that GERD is a great mimic, it displays a lot of the symptoms of angina.. I've been diagnosed with GERD, after having heart tests done and xrays, and eventually feeling the pain all the way up into my throat.

Basically I'm used to the normal symptoms of this, bad heartburn, shortnes of breath, bad chest pain on the left side.
My question is though, have any of you had the feeling all the way down your arm?
Right now i have this horrible feeling in my chest and upper back on the left side, down my left arm. I've been to the ER twice in the past week and they've done a bunch of heart testing which has turned out fine. Any ideas?

Old 08-04-2005, 01:31 PM   #2
(male)

grahamjac HB User
Re: GERD mimicing angina?

Folksoul, your situation sounds exactly like mine.

I have GERD (or as my GP calls it Acid Reflux) and my sympoms are exactly the same. I too have been upto the ER becuase all the pains in my chest lead me to think i was having a heart attack, thankfully all the tests came back fine.

I have been on meds for GERD for almost 5 weeks now and after 3 weeks i thought it was easing off but the last few days my osophegous area has been hurting so much and i have lots of pain under the left side of my chest and my left shoulder blade again.

I too am gettin shooting pains down my left arm but for me its not helped becuase i have a thyroid dissorder called Graves Disease which is weakening all my muscles anyway.

The bloated feeling doesnt help matters at all and i feel like i could have another anxiety or panic attack at anytime

I hope we are both feeling better really soon

Graham

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2005, 10:38 PM   #3
(female)

Folksoul HB User

Well thank you so much for responding Graham. I can sympathize with you.
My doctor put me on this new stuff called Pantaloc recently, I havent experienced any side effects.
I still have quite a bit of pain on the left side of my chest, under my ribs and shooting pains down my arm. But so far this stuff has helped me from waking up at night due to massive burning in my chest.
Hopefully you start feeling better, best of luck to you
peace and love.

Old 08-11-2005, 12:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User

Definetly sounds like GERD. I get the same symptoms, pains in the shoulder, down my arm, neck area, even ears. Upper back pain is my worst though.
I was told it was all GERD. I've had several endo's done so I know what shape my esophagus is in. Good Luck

Closed Thread