It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2005, 05:03 AM   #1
(female)

babsbabe HB User
Angina

Hi i'm new was diagnosed in june, i would like to know if anyone can tell me if
being short of breath just walking around is a common side of angina also iv'e been having cramp in my calves at night when in bed,trying not to let things get me down as usually a positive person but i'm struggling with the not being able just to walk down town let alone try to exercise, last two days have also been getting chest pains. thank you.

Old 08-31-2005, 05:10 AM   #2
(female)

kemperman HB User
Re: Angina

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsbabe
being short of breath just walking around is a common side of angina also iv'e been having cramp in my calves at night when in bed,trying not to let things get me down as usually a positive person but i'm struggling with the not being able just to walk down town let alone try to exercise, last two days have also been getting chest pains. thank you.
Yes sob occurs, if you are recently dx, I would ask them to do a ABI,ankle brachial index.Check to see if you may have PAD,peripheal artery disease.It can make your legs and calves hurt horribly. Hope all goes well, Kempy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2005, 08:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

started04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsbabe
Angina is the word that relates to pain. The pain experienced is almost always due to blocked or partially blocked coronary arteries and the heart muscle is not receiving enough blood (nutrients and oxygen). Angina is usually felt with exertion and with rest it goes away.

There could be a partial artery blockage to the legs. The condition is referred to as peripheral artery disease (PAD). Also, cramps could be due to a low level of potassium and not a circulation problem.

Shortness of breath could be a failure of the heart to pump efficiently enough to meet the system's demand for oxygen.

If your problems are related to the heart and arteries, the above could be the answer at least in part, however, there are other possibilities so it would be wise to see a doctor.

Old 08-31-2005, 10:39 AM   #4
(female)

babsbabe HB User

thanks for replying, i am pleased to have found this site

Closed Thread