It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2002, 04:29 PM   #1

Desertwoman HB User
Unhappy Has anyone else had Cellulitis with Ludwigs Angina ?

Hi, I've had some awful experiences with teeth, but this is the worse thing that has ever happened ! Last month I was getting drilled and the dentist , I believe , destroyed the nerve...the pain started soon after .He sent me to an endodontist who did a root canal , but by then my neck was badly swollen . I described the symptoms to my daughter in another state, who is a dentist , and she called my daughter here and told her to get me to a hospital ASAP !The hospital sent me home ,calling it post op pain ! The next day I was back at the endodontist , who sent me to an oral surgeon when he saw my swollen neck ! The oral surgeon performed emergency surgery, at this time my jaws were locked and my throat was about to close off . I almost died , I was told . Cellulitis is a massive infection and the angina is swelling of the floor of the mouth . If anyone else has had this happen, please tell me about your experience !At this point I am pretty worried still, as the root canaled tooth next to the extracted one is painful and loose ! Leslie .

Old 02-22-2003, 06:44 PM   #2

switcher HB User
Hello, My son had Ludwigs Angina in 1993. He could have died. Let me know if you want to discuss this disease. Thanks.

[Personal contact information is not permitted on healthboards. This includes email addresses. Thanks for your cooperation - Well-come Moderator.]

[This message has been edited by Well-come (edited 02-22-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread