It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2006, 03:15 PM   #1
(female)

elphers HB User
Back pain with Angina?

Hi,
I'm still nervous about my constant angina. Now I'm having terrible back pain. Does anyone else have both of these? I had an EKG in Dec. which was ok, and an echocardiogram in Feb. My hemo today didn't mention the echo so I guess that it was ok. Am I being paranoid or should I request from my GP a stress test? I have had this chest pressure/achiness since November. Is the back pain related? Thanks for any help!

Old 03-02-2006, 07:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User
Re: Back pain with Angina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphers
Hi,
My hemo today didn't mention the echo so I guess that it was ok.
Sometime, Dr forgot to look at. It happened to me. When I was inpatient, they asked for a blood test. I asked them what about the last one (few weeks ago)? Good or bad? No dr answered! After an hour, the nurse came back with a cup of tablets (A CUPFUL) for me. Last blood test wasn't good! I refused other blood test because no one was going to read!

Pika.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2006, 04:19 AM   #3
(female)

heartcreature HB User

Back pain can go along with it. When you say constant angina do you mean that the pain never goes away? Angina in my case was a come and go thing usually brought on by exertion but also occuring sometimes at rest, but never constant.

The following user gives a hug of support to heartcreature:
stillaround64 (12-08-2011)
Old 03-03-2006, 11:05 AM   #4
(female)

elphers HB User

Heartcreature,
Thanks for the reply! Yes, my angina is almost an everyday constant achiness and pressure. Not brought on by exertion and I have it even lying down. I'm tired of worrying about it! I called my GP today and am going on Tuesday. Did you have a stress test? Thanks!

Old 03-04-2006, 02:50 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

elphers,

Have the nuclear stress test. That scenario of "constant" angina with back pain doesn't sound right to me.
I think it's not angina.
The test will tell for sure (and probably put your mind at ease.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Lenin For This Useful Post:
stillaround64 (12-08-2011)
Old 03-05-2006, 12:59 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User

Hi elphers,

Your back pain is at the upper back or lower back? Mine is at the upper back, only likes needle poking for 2 or 3 times, it starts with SOB first, then pain, then drownzy. After few minutes, it starts the cycle again and again....
Does your back pain wake you up from sleep? I hope you sort out soon, keep us posting.

Pika.

Old 03-06-2006, 02:33 AM   #7
(female)

elphers HB User

Pika,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, my back pain has kept me up for 2 nights now. It's kind of in the middle of my back. Just a lot of achiness. Did you have a stress test?
Thanks, elphers

Old 03-07-2006, 06:47 AM   #8

BlessingsGalore HB User

I am having the same thing right now. I am in constant pain and it gets worse at times, but is relieved by rest.

They are looking at Esophagistis. Hurts JUST LIKE ANGINA, and can be constant.

HOWEVER, having said that, they found I had an abnormality on my stress test yesterday. I was unable to finish it physically, because of fibro and lupus, so I go back tomorrow for the dye stress test.

Have you considered it's Esophageal ? It has some of the exact same symptoms.........even pain to the shoulder and arm....and my back kills me.
Especially when leaning over.

Old 03-08-2006, 01:56 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User

Hi elphers,
I never have a stree test in my life. I had a back pain (not sure is in the middle or lower) It hurt (like killing me) when you move in the certain position. It healed after one week, by using the TCM treatment (included the massage). They said my kidneys were very weak at that time. You take care.

Pika.

Closed Thread