It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2006, 07:31 PM   #1

BiBi57 HB User
Angina and anemia

I have been having aching when I walk past 100 steps or so in my neck shoulders and center of chest. I am concerned that it could be circulatory related but my doctor is ruling out anemia first because I had it a couple of years ago and had the same symptoms. My CBC showed that I was anemic, although not as much as before. Could this be causing my angina like symptoms. I am more worried it is heart related. I am 48 and female. Can lift without any pain, it's just the constant walking that brings on the symptoms. When I stop walking it goes away within minutes. I am not out of breath with these episodes nor do I sweat.

Old 05-11-2006, 12:16 PM   #2
(female)

angelwithwings HB User
Re: Angina and anemia

I also get chest pain and in Feb of this year I was rushed into hospital with a suspected heart attack,i had severe pain in my chest and my jaw. Thankfully I was diagnosed with something else and although I have recovered from that I still have a lingering mild pain in the centre of my chest that does exacerbate when im walking. My Doc told me that this is more than likely related to Thalassemia. I've heard that this is a symptom of Iron deficency aneamia aswell. I would definately mention it to your Doc just to be on the safe side. I know that when I had a suspected heart attack they could tell by carrying out a special blood test,prehaps they can do the same for you too??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2006, 05:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User
Re: Angina and anemia

I'm 48 female too. My cardio dr said the SOB and tiredness is caused by anemia. The palps and tightness is caused by anxiety. Would that be anemia will cause a lot of anxiety? Do you get palpitations? I have chest pain but mostly at the back of the chest. Could perimenopause cause anemia?

Pika.

Closed Thread