It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2006, 01:53 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

mr_panicky HB User
Anxiety/panic or Angina? (kinda worried)

I have a question, I have taken and passed 3 EKG's, treadmill stress test, delbutamine nuclear stress test, and an echocardiagram.

What are the chances that I have angina?

Wouldn't those tests eliminate angina?

Old 05-10-2006, 05:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: Anxiety/panic or Angina? (kinda worried)

mr panicky,

You can ALMOST certainly cross angina off your list.
If the tests were accurate and all negative for angina, you don't have it.

BUT, there are certain symptoms that will trump all those tests so it's not totally impossible.
IF you are get winded with chest discomfort from a fast walk in the cold, or up a long staircase, then the impossibility becomes possible.

Last edited by Lenin; 05-10-2006 at 05:16 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2006, 09:33 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

mr_panicky HB User

Now that I think about it I am a big guy, 278 down from 317 in 2-3 months and I notice during sex or mowing my lawn my pulse can go up pretty high as I exert myself and I can honestly never recall any type of chest discomfort other than what my asthma may do but thats cleared up in seconds with my inhaler.

I am pretty sensative when it comes to my chest and even when I have gotten very mad or angry or even went up a flight of stairs my chest never hurt.

Thanks for the reply.

Old 05-10-2006, 11:00 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Beefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_panicky
Now that I think about it I am a big guy, 278 down from 317 in 2-3 months and I notice during sex or mowing my lawn my pulse can go up pretty high as I exert myself and I can honestly never recall any type of chest discomfort other than what my asthma may do but thats cleared up in seconds with my inhaler.

I am pretty sensative when it comes to my chest and even when I have gotten very mad or angry or even went up a flight of stairs my chest never hurt.

Thanks for the reply.
The simple answer is to find yourself a reasonably long steep hill. Then walk up it at a steady pace. I find treadmills and steppers won't necessarily bring on my angina but a hill does - even though I puff more on the steppers.
The other thing I would suggest is a blood cholesterol test for HDL/LDL/TGLs.
Beefy

Old 05-10-2006, 11:32 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Beefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_panicky

Thanks for the reply.
The simple answer is to find yourself a reasonably long steep hill. Then walk up it at a steady pace. I find treadmills and steppers won't necessarily bring on my angina but a hill does - even though I puff more on the steppers.
The other thing I would suggest is a blood cholesterol test for HDL/LDL/TGLs.
Beefy

Closed Thread