It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2006, 08:22 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

rc1975 HB User
is this angina pain?

pain that comes and go every few minutes like a sharp stabbing pain that last a few seconds?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2006, 06:19 PM   #2
(male)

Frank79 HB User
Re: is this angina pain?

I think you need to be a little more elaborate about the pain. Where is it, and is there anything you do that you know always causes it? Do you smoke/do drugs/drink? We need a history to know what we are dealing with.

frank

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2006, 06:28 PM   #3
(male)

Toneman HB User

RC,

This is not typical angina pain. Typical angina pain is the same as that of a heart attack, just not as intense, comes on with exertion and goes away after just a few minutes rest. Angina pain is typically a squeezng or pressure in the chest, like an "elephant sitting on my chest" type feeling that comes on from exertion in almost all cases, although it can come on in rare variants at rest. It is also usually accompanied by shortness of breath and sweating.

Sharp pain that last just a few seconds are not normally angina or heart related, but the possibility does exist, it just is not very likely. Also, angina is constant and goes away with rest.

RC, having read many of your posts it is very obvious that you are very worried about your heart, have you asked to speak with someone about your anxiety and fear of heart disease or asked for something to help you take your mind off of your heart? Anxiety can cause all the typical symptoms of heart disease and heart attack. It's a cycle that can be broken if handled right. Perhaps you could get on something like Xanax or another drug to help with the anxiety.

Good Luck,

Tony

Old 11-19-2006, 06:55 PM   #4
Inactive

SafetyJ2006 HB User

Tony is right on target. There are many causes of chest pain, most have nothing to do with the heart. Here they are listed from most to least common cause:

Reflux oesophagitis, oesophageal spasm

Pulmonary embolism

carbon dioxide (PaCO2) decreased.

Hyperventilation

Hyperventilation Syndrome

Secondary Hyperventilation

pneumothorax, asthma, infarction, etc.

Spontaneous pneumothorax

Aortic dissection

Pericarditis

Pleuritis

Costochondral pain

Early herpes zoster

Ectopic beats

Peptic ulcer, cholecystitis, pancreatitis

Depression

Alcohol-related

Old 11-20-2006, 07:03 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

rc1975 HB User

thanks for the help everyone. the reason why ive been worrying more is at the drs office they sd my ekg was abnormal i went to the er last night bc it was still bothering me and they sd my ekg looks normal and they didnt see any myocardial ischema. they sd the nurse at the drs office might not have had the lead on right? can that happen im just confused as too why 2 diff. results

Old 11-20-2006, 11:14 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

started04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc1975
thanks for the help everyone. the reason why ive been worrying more is at the drs office they sd my ekg was abnormal i went to the er last night bc it was still bothering me and they sd my ekg looks normal and they didnt see any myocardial ischema. they sd the nurse at the drs office might not have had the lead on right? can that happen im just confused as too why 2 diff. results
An abnormal EKG can be as benign as a heart rate above 100 during the test. An equipment or system artifact, a lead not properly conducting, many reasons. Need not be overly concerned.

Old 11-20-2006, 04:47 PM   #7
Veteran
(male)

rc1975 HB User

yea thatsd what someone at work told me im just ****** bc they should have doen it agian if the first one was abnormal. my heart rate was only 72

Old 11-21-2006, 05:52 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc1975
pain that comes and go every few minutes like a sharp stabbing pain that last a few seconds?
RC, what you are describing almost suits gall bladder pain to a tee. Is it possible that it is anywhere near your lowest right rib but pretty close to the center?
If not, gallbladder pain has been known to "refer" often to a shoulder (I forget which.)

No, heartpain doesn't come in waves like that.

With "wave pain" separated by a minute or more, look to the digestive tract first because the entire gut contracts like a moving snake and the muscular contraction goes from one end to the other. WHen the contractions hits a sore spot you get pain but the pain then stops for a while til the next contraction.

In rc's case, if it's not gall bladder my next suspect might be esophagus pain. Yoiu can tell if it's gall bladder by eating a half pound of UNcrisp bacon. If THAT doesn't give you colicy (wavelike) pain in 1/2 hour, your gall bladder is fine.

Last edited by Lenin; 11-21-2006 at 05:58 AM.

Closed Thread