It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2006, 02:15 PM   #1
(male)

manlyman HB User
Angina

I'm a 23 year old male with high blood pressure since I was 19. It is controlled with medicine, but sometimes I see it upwards of 140/90. I had a stress test in May and an echocardiogram in October --- both came back OK.

Recently (past week), I've been getting an aching feeling in my chest. It doesn't seem to be centered around the heart, more underneath my left armpit and a little bit to the right. Close to the heart I guess. Its a burning sensation more than anything, and it is pretty constant --- I feel it about 98% of the day, in varying intensities.

I saw the cardiologist this morning. He listened to my heart and said everything was fine. I am paranoid about coronary artery disease or angina. Do these symptoms match? I burp a lot but I don't think that is related.

Thanks,

Matt

Last edited by manlyman; 12-01-2006 at 02:16 PM.

Old 12-02-2006, 07:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Angina

this actually sounds more like an acid reflux type of problem.just do a little experiment with one of the 'gerd' meds like prilosec,which is availiable over the counter at almost all drug stores.try taking this med as directed,daily for about one week and see how things feel.

if there is improvement,then you probably are just dealing with acid reflux,which can be controlled with the prilosec and other meds like it.if this doesn't work,well then its time to move onto other testing with your doc.but what you have explained sounds exactly like my husbands symptoms.he has acid reflux and takes prilosec and has not had a problem since starting the meds.just a thought.let me know how it goes.FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2007, 01:28 PM   #3
(male)

BioBoss HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelbad View Post
this actually sounds more like an acid reflux type of problem.just do a little experiment with one of the 'gerd' meds like prilosec,which is availiable over the counter at almost all drug stores.try taking this med as directed,daily for about one week and see how things feel.

if there is improvement,then you probably are just dealing with acid reflux,which can be controlled with the prilosec and other meds like it.if this doesn't work,well then its time to move onto other testing with your doc.but what you have explained sounds exactly like my husbands symptoms.he has acid reflux and takes prilosec and has not had a problem since starting the meds.just a thought.let me know how it goes.FB
Acid reflux exhibiting left side armpit pressure?!

As for Prilosec. Don't drug yourself to maintain. Get tested for H. pylori then eradicate it.

Old 02-26-2007, 01:38 PM   #4
(male)

manlyman HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioBoss View Post
Acid reflux exhibiting left side armpit pressure?!

As for Prilosec. Don't drug yourself to maintain. Get tested for H. pylori then eradicate it.
Could anxiety cause this too? I seem to only get this during anxious situations, but then again some people only get angina during anxious situations.

I had a chest xray and a chest cat scan where they injected dye into me. That came back 100% normal. would that catch clogs?

Old 02-26-2007, 04:37 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hello thre,

Angina is something that you would have great difficulty in overcoming. It causes pain and also acute breathlessness. I had this a lot and the pain you describe doesn't seem like it to me. Only speaking as a heart attack and heart surgery patient, not in a medical capacity.

I know it feels so scarey that when you have any type of stomach problems like acute indigestion, or infection that the worry is that it "might" be something to do with the heart.

I would take comfort in having the tests all come back as normal. Another thing, don't self medicate. This can cause more harm than good.

Take care

goldenwings

Closed Thread